Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,130 Posts
Made a start with the ignition. Body trim is an option if I get too bold with overgrown off-roading and permanently mark the paint.

Result.

Parts & How to...

·
Super Moderator
12,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Random unlocking phenomenon.

If you lock your car and carry the key in your pocket it seems to be random chance whether your car stays locked after you leave it.
The two causes of this are:
The transponder transmitter is powerful and operates from a considerable distance.
The remote function keys are flush with the case and slight pressure is sufficient to trigger a signal.

I had resorted to protecting my key buttons with a slip on plastic case. It worked - no false signals and a secure vehicle.

The new key cover raises the case profile.

The supplier insists this is a decorative item only that adds no functional benefit. I believe it might make a sufficient difference to try leaving out the Smint box.
Clearly direct pressure over the key will trigger a signal but the gentle overall pressure from the pocket may cease.

·
Super Moderator
12,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remote transponder key functions

Our keys commonly carry buttons for locking/unlocking and a panic alarm.
Some add remote starting.
That's four but when you open up the case there are six buttons - any suggestions on the other two?

maybe programmable for window operation or other alarms?

·
Super Moderator
12,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found more info-
Chrysler and Dodge vehicles from the 2005 timeframe use a keyless entry system developed originally for the Mercedes brand. The system actually implements the driver convenience and safety functions, and an immobilization function designed to prevent vehicle theft.

The fifth key function on some models is for a powered remote opening tailgate.

I am guessing that the sixth applies to powered sliding child doors on the minivans?

·
Super Moderator
12,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Four years later and my $14 key fob mrk cover is looking worn in and has lost it's grip.
It just snaps on but after all this wear fell into the footwell.

Some double sided tape and it's back on and I think good value.

·
Registered
961 Posts
nice, did you see my pics of the speaker covers and radio/ac knob covers in blue?

·
Super Moderator
12,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Saw Brendy's, he had the same ones.

I also have their washer nozzle covers and they are still perfect. Held up better than the Putco handle covers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts