Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had this done or has anyone attempted this themselves? I think it looks really awesome and I want to know how difficult it would be to do it myself. And if anyone has this done can you post pictures to give an idea of what it looks like, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
You mean what's called an "eyebrow"? Had an eyebrows added on both my Caliber and my Forester. Wasn't until the windshields had to be replaced and the replacements had better built in eyebrows than OE, so the need to add one wasn't necessary.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you do the eyebrows yourself or did you have someone else do them?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I did it on both of our Calibers by myself (along with my wife). The 1st attempt failed but after that we were successful. The height of the tint strip is limited by law restrictions.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did it on both of our Calibers by myself (along with my wife). The 1st attempt failed but after that we were successful. The height of the tint strip is limited by law restrictions.
How difficult was the strip to install by yourself? I'm thinking about attempting this tonight.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It was good to have an additional pair of hands. And we sprayed a lot of soap-water upon the windshield and tint strip to keep the strip slippery. The worst part is to get all these little air bubbles off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am a window tinter, and i can't live without an eyebrow on the top of the windshield.. if you want to have it done right, take it to a shop. If you wanna waste a bunch of time and money, go the diy way. In order to make it look right, you will have sand down the matrix dots above the mirror with 0000 steel wool, and remove the mirror with a torx 20. if the visor is above the mirror it just looks dumb imo..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts