Dodge Caliber Forum banner
101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
I paid 180 for all windows except windshield for 5% tint. Im currently trying to get an exemption form so i can do my windshield 35%

·
Registered
41 Posts
the law in texas is 35% tint in the front 2 windows and none on the windshield other than a strip along the top. I have 25 in the rest of the windows and 5 in the back (limo Tint) it is almost impossible to see out the back at night but i manage and it looks ballin :gr_grin:

·
Registered
711 Posts

20% rear, 35% on the front and 35% on the windshield strip

cost me about 180 bucks, took about an hour, and the job is guaranteed for life. If it ever peels or whatever, i go back, they re-tint for free

Ammonia based cleaners WILL ruin tint over time, things like Windex, etc etc

It will slowly make its way between the film and the window, and cause the adhesive to start to deteriorate.

On my windows, i use stoners invisible glass and a soft microfiber, even before i had the tint. It just works much much better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ugh-___-
California requires that 70% of light shows threw driver and passenger side windows as what I understood from my research:/

Maybe I can get away with a 50% on the driver and passenger and im thinking 5% on rear and side doors?
Ahhhhhh.worth a shot

·
Registered
711 Posts
Ugh-___-
California requires that 70% of light shows threw driver and passenger side windows as what I understood from my research:/

Maybe I can get away with a 50% on the driver and passenger and im thinking 5% on rear and side doors?
Ahhhhhh.worth a shot

There is a HUGE difference between 70% tint, and 5% tint. ANY cop that sees you will instantly notice and pull you over.

Where i live, its 35% all the way around, i went with 35 on the fronts, 20 on the rears, and you really cant tell a difference.

If it were me, id go with 70% on the front doors, and 50% on the rest.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I just did 5% everything but windshield. Guaranteed for life as well. I know it's illegal here, maybe cops in this region just don't care, not sure.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I think I did 15% all the way around except for the windshield and I have never been pulled over for the tint being too dark. I have seen people around the area with 5% all the way around and still the cops leave them alone. guess we have bigger problems to deal with besides pulling people over for dark windows lol

101 - 107 of 107 Posts