Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

im looking to add tints to my caliber :)

i want to do them myself but want to know how you would go about doing them.

i did them on my old car but they were on non opening windows so it was that much easier.

any advice?

thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much should i be looking to pay?

anyone have pics of an orange caliber with tints?

and also how do you think limo black tints will look all around?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
naim !!! Black limo tint all round would be illegal in Uk,you would have to keep Drivers/passengers window & screen clear---or just a very mild tint, or the Busy Bodies in uniform may take your car off the road!!!

·
Registered
9,773 Posts
I don't know about London, but here in the States, the laws on tint vary. Just check with your local authorities. Or if you go to a professional shop, they should know how much is legal on the front windows.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah that looks good, dont need the rear passanger mirrors for anything, just the boot window is abit worrying...

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Naim you could do Limo Black at the Back, & you might get away with light smoke at the front....Just an idea....!!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah think will have limo black for back windows and for driver (me:)) and pasenger will have a light tint.

dont think i will do it myself lol, anyone reccommend a company in london?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
You wont get away with Limo black for driver---all the front will have to be light---otherwise illegal---sorry!!! Google Auto window tint ( UK ) It''ll throw up all Uk fitters & suppliers..

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
You should try South Coast Tints at http://www.sctints.co.uk/. Only thing is they are based in SWouthampton which means driving down.

Ive used these guys before on my old car and their service is good. Only took them bout 2 hours for a 4 door saloon. You can even get a qoute on thier site.

Good luck

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Yes I go along with the other members , better have it done by a professional. Had a friend that did it himself and his windows were all covered with bubbles :smiledown:

Just for info here in Italy you can't tint the front windows at all , neither with light smoke. :shakehead: My bfriend had black on the rear and light smoke on the front of his Celica and took a ticket for this ... 68 € ... stupid rule!!! I don't like only the rear tinted, it looks like an half job to me.

Hey GeeEssFore how do you call it ?

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
1 - 20 of 107 Posts