Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading posts about how calibers aren't very fast, but mine really moves! I have a 1.8 with a 5spd and I can bury the speedometer (120+) in just a little bit. Maybe it's the custom headlights.lol. Any way, everyone I've talked to that has a Cali says theirs is a dog. Maybe it's the 5 speed.

·
Registered
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD
30 Posts
Most slow acceleration complaints comes from owners with CVT. Although not as insanely fast as SRT4, manual 5spd accelerates fast enough to be free from such issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I gather. I don't have a tach, does anyone know what a 1.8 redlines at? I hit the rev limiter quite often. I'll probably be on here soon bitching about my engine blowing up lol.

·
Registered
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD
30 Posts
The engine is built for general use at low cost so I would not suggest revving it up to redline frequently. It may feel a bit more sluggish and underpowered, but try getting into a habit of shifting gears early. As for lack of tachometer, buying an OBD2 gauges may be an option to give you more live informations as you drive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The engine is built for general use at low cost so I would not suggest revving it up to redline frequently. It may feel a bit more sluggish and underpowered, but try getting into a habit of shifting gears early. As for lack of tachometer, buying an OBD2 gauges may be an option to give you more live informations as you drive.
I tried shifting at the speeds that the owners manual suggested and my check engine light came on. I thought"thanks dude". I plugged in my meter, and it was my gas cap. LoL

·
Registered
127 Posts
That's what I gather. I don't have a tach, does anyone know what a 1.8 redlines at? I hit the rev limiter quite often. I'll probably be on here soon bitching about my engine blowing up lol.
7k rpm. You can go to the junkyard and by a dash with rpm. that is what i did. The redline on the cluster on mine is 6.2k or so But that is the 2.0 motor. If i am correct the 1.8 is 7k.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts