Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Caliber is 33 months old. Manufacture date of 02/06. Yup that's right, our 2007 Caliber SXT warranty will expire in 3 months. We bought the first one that showed up on the lot. And we're kinda curious.
Does anybody know when did the first calibers roll out of the factory? and where did they go? Did they stay in Detroit? California? Florida? Where? Anybody know? Were there any 2006 Calibers? Kinda like the 64 1/2 Mustang.
Thanks

Harvey

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
My car is a Jan 07 Registered UK so I guess it was manufactured sometime in 06. I think it must have been one of the First batch imported into the UK. For the first 12 months it was a Dodge Company Demonstrator, & I bought it in Jan 08. I think the reason mine runs so well & I have had no problems ,is that anything that went wrong, Upgrades, Services & pute flashes were all done as a priority , while it was in Dodge ownership.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Harvey, There were no 06 Calibers. Even the one's made in early 06 were sold as 07's. You might have one of the first Calibers ever made. My 07 was made in May 06.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Mine is probably the same as yours then Dave....An 07 Made in 06....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So there were some made in 01-06 just before ours! OK Thanks. I figured ours was one of the first (02-06) in the area (New Hampshire), and now it's interesting to note that it could be one of the first several thousand out of the factory.
I'd like to say that although we had some initial problems with this car. I still think it was a great low price for a LOT of car. And it's the best looking vehicle in it's class. -AND you wouldn't believe how much stuff I've put in this thing every once in a while!! Whether it's a trip to Home Depot, or packing up my display tent, kiosks and paintings to go to sell my crafts in an artshow. I have filled this car up to the roof liner several times. I like to drive it (when she lets me). And I'm glad that an American car company can still make a sporty all purpose car like this for a great price.
Thanks Dodge.
-H

·
Registered
908 Posts
Reactions: ShockJock

·
Super Moderator
12,194 Posts
What about those with the steering wheel on the right side?

Mine was built at 9am on 20th May 2006. They went on sale in the UK in June 2006.

Was our market prioritised by Dodge?
When did they appear in Africa, Australasia, sub-continent, Japan, SE Asia?

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I saw my first one on the truck at my dealership in
January 2006 and bought mine in April '06.

·
Registered
114 Posts
First one?

Could one tell by the serial number?
Are the serial numbers sequential?

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts

You mean the last numbers of the VIN ?

Maybe ... but isn't there also a sticker somewhere in the door of our Calibers with the date of building? I recall seeing it once on mine ...

·
Super Moderator
12,194 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,194 Posts
I believe so. I asked the question before whether members would reveal their sequential build number and build date combinations.

I reckon they did not start at zero. Don't know if it was an arbitrary initial number or if they followed on from the Neon.

·
Registered
411 Posts
This very first caliber I ever saw was in 2006. It stuck with me for 2 years until I bought my own in 2008. I did tons of research on the cars I wanted to buy. I kept coming back to the caliber. Mine was manufactured in March 2007.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts