Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to put this in the Caliber exterior customizing threads. Some of the bad things that make the people wish they had more than a one car Garage..

the video entitled : What The Hail!!!

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well....it's bad because some of it was the size of golfballs most of it was dime to quater sized hail..I will look tomorrow and see what damage occured..I'm not to worried about the V'Dub it's solid steel and been through alot of hailstorms

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah notice the heavy duty comforter ..it was over the roof but the front part blow up a tad.. I hope it protected the most of it..we'll see tomorrow... ( might be a Caliber for sale....cheap .. lol

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Oh no! :( ... I don't have a garage so both video are scaring for me !!!

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok ....I just came back in from checking it out. I didn't see any damage..BUT as you may already know I need to wax it before I can make that final call.. I know all the curves and finishes...it's my way of becoming intimate with the Caliber..if there is just ONE ding I'll find it. and it already had superior wax on it.. I watched the video again and as you can see..the hail was comming from behind the house so most of my caiber was protected I figured the front would be easiest to repair so I moved it up against the garage door .... while watching that video again..I was scared too Licia.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
wow... really hope its not much damage...
for luck my caliber has a kind of a garage... :)

·
Registered
711 Posts
You may want to let your neighbors know you have a video, just in case there is damage to their cars, and they want a copy for insurance or something..

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
they all know it hit the whole area hard .... I was lucky I seen it comming and took the prevention of the blanket ...the red dodge ram across the street got a few dings

·
Registered
711 Posts
That sucks.. Hail damage can be deadly. Thats one of my biggest fears is being at work or out when we get a hail storm. Ive seen cars totaled due to hail damage.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
We got hit hard here too. I had never seen it hail that heavily for that long. I was at work, and it was deafening. It broke out our sky lights and the boardroom window. One of the guys in my department had his windshield broken in the lot. Thankfully, my wife had dropped me off and took the car home under the carport just in time. School had let out just before that. I was worried about the kids that have to walk home.:str:

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
while I was doing that video... I got hit by TWO ricochets ( pinball effect ) and they hurt. one hit my camera so I was outta there.. that hail hurts like HAIL..

·
Registered
108 Posts
like they say....."EVERYTHING IS BIGGER IN TEXAS" :) glad you and your Ber are ok. just had hail this evening in charleston. got some more storms coming through tomorrow too. too bad i only have a 1 car garage(i mean a storage unit) in my townhouse. my Ber sits in the open driveway.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've been looking at the side of my house and thinking I might build a carport next to the garage. I might even make it better than I have to.. so I can wall it in later and make a room. but for now all I got is a one car garage full of my other toys.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm happy that you and your Ber are okay (I know I would have cried if I find one dent on mine!). We just had hail a week or so ago. Luckily I was at work on the other side of town so there was only a lot of rain and wind. It was like fate was trying to protect my Ber =]

·
Registered
374 Posts
What year is the bub?66? Just a guess, Are on the samba?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts