Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to upgrade my stock 2007 sxt sport sound system. Just trying to get a feel first on what other people have done

1. What is it (head unit, speakers, ect.)
2. How much did it cost(about)
3. If you didn't buy it from crutchfield.com, where did you

~~~ALSO~~~ on crutchfield's website when you look up head units it says "Please Note: Because your vehicle is factory-equipped with a special sound system, Crutchfield recommends a bypass adapter that we provide. Not using this adapter could make it necessary to replace the entire factory sound system, including the speakers."

http://www.crutchfield.com/app/popups/ProductInstallationDetails.aspx?tmpLoc=&i=070XD5250&inst=8027

Can anyone confirm or deny this for me

·
Super Moderator
12,256 Posts
Confirmed - if not using a Chrysler head unit you need a CANBUS adapter.
Or replace entire system.

Plenty of previous experience for you to read on here.

·
Super Moderator
12,256 Posts
No, the power source is also Canbus controlled, sub and steering controls if you have them.

Not using this adapter could make it necessary to replace the entire factory sound system, including the speakers."

They mean 'entirely' from the power source to earthing points and all in between.

·
Registered
723 Posts
No, the power source is also Canbus controlled, sub and steering controls if you have them.

Not using this adapter could make it necessary to replace the entire factory sound system, including the speakers."

They mean 'entirely' from the power source to earthing points and all in between.
That's why I don't plan on changing the head unit, just the speakers, and building a sub/amp combo box, and wiring everything into a power capacitor and a signal processor.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i got a aftermarket radio and sub/amp. i just ran the wire for accessory off the fuse box and thats all i had to do. only cost me for the deck but i just picked up a sweet sponsor for my teams soundsystems and will be doing some sweet mods. Gonna be putting in a double din and replacing all speakers. oh just to let you know change the 6x9 in the front to 6.5 a lot better sound quality that way i will be doing that and when it gets done i will post up some pics of the process.

·
Registered
858 Posts
What is your budget? Im positive we can find you a nice set-up to fit your budget!

I have:

Head Unit - JVC AVX720 (for the optical)
Subs - 2 10" DAD KMH Series
Speakers - Hybrid Audio L6SE (door), L4SE (kick panel), L1 Pro SE (a-pillar)
Amps - 4 Mosconi AS 200.2
Processing - Audison BitOne.1 (until the Mosconi processor releases)

Typically a nice set of components in the front, MAYBE some rear speakers (depends on what exactly your looking for) and a sub with an amp or two will perfect.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Headunit: Alpine CDA-9887
Front Speakers: Eclipse SC6500 mids, Morel made Xtant 28mm silk tweeters
Sub: Audiomobile Evo TC2+ 10"
Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 II

·
Registered
28 Posts
Headunit: Kenwood BT948HD
Tweeters: MB Quart Onyx OTK-30
Front/Rear Speakers: Stock Boston Acoustics 6x9s
Liftgate Speakers: Kicker DS35 3.5in 2-way
Subs: Stock 8" Boston Acoustics

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Stock radio with built-in satellite receiver.
Poineer 3 way 6 x 9's all around.
Excellent sound quality and loud enough for an "old geezer"!

·
Registered
222 Posts
i just order my harness from sonic electronix. Axess CHTO-013
I'll be installing a Kenwood DNX7140 (planning on upgrading the maps and selling to update to newer system). Want to get Kenwood eXcelon DNX9980HD
After that putting in my Audiobahn 6.5" component speakers in the doors. Till then I'll continue to rock the Boston Acoustic system.
I had to special order my bezel because i didnt want to kill the inferno red paint. That and when i sell the car i can thow back on the stock bezel and radio and sell it.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17913_Axxess-CHTO-013-New-Version-of-CHTO-01.html

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a Clarion VZ-401 I took it from my old car though cost me 300 cash it has bluetooth, ipod and much more I think it sounds awesome with the stock speakers I just want a powered sub

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
I have a Clarion VZ-401 I took it from my old car though cost me 300 cash it has bluetooth, ipod and much more I think it sounds awesome with the stock speakers I just want a powered sub
Change the speakers and you'll be even more thrilled!! Amp them and it's even better!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Headunit: Avic-x930bt
Speakers: Polk Audio DXi690 all four sound so much better then stock
2009 Nav Bezel
xm radio tuner for radio
Simple but works for me!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Change the speakers and you'll be even more thrilled!! Amp them and it's even better!!
Thanks man I may do that I was worrying about over doing it my first car with a stereo had a system so loud my brother wouldnt let me drive by his house and the cops would park out front waiting for me to start my car so they could give me a ticket for sound violation

·
Registered
430 Posts
LOL i would have my subs on a gain control when I put mine in so I cant get yelled at but when I want the subs to hit hard I can incerese the gain to the subs :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Headunit: Kenwood Excelon 994 Single din
Front stage: CDT Pro 6.2 Components
Rears: Focal 690CVX 6x9's
Subs: 2 RE Audio SRX 10's in a sealed enclosure (great subs for small enclosure boxes)
Amps: Zapco Reference 360.4 4 channel, Zapco Reference 500m on the subs.

This is probably the lowest power setup I have ever ran in a car. But, it sounds great for what it is. I can't stand factory stereo setups. lol

1 - 20 of 45 Posts