Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive lighting Hood Gesture Bumper Automotive exterior
I'm looking for the name of the part with the white on it.... The boot is mangled and making popping sounds when I turn and if it's a sharp turn it wobbles . Any help 8s greatly appreciated. 07 caliber sxt 1.8l

Registered
That boot is protecting a joint of some sort. Hard to tell from the picture provided but it might be your inner tie rod end, and if that's failing you'd hear clunking when turning the car. The fact that the boot is misshapen is not an issue...if it's torn or leaking grease then that's a serious issue.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's still sealed for now. Iwas able to get it unmangled but i do hear some clunking when I turn sharp to the left. If I take it slow and easy then no clunking. Great more money to spend and work to do! Yuck! Thanks for responding!

Registered
I've gone through a few of these boots myself. Not sure if they sometimes rub on something? I would check to make sure that the far end of the boot is still wrapped around the big opening on your steering rack and properly fastened and the small end is properly fastened on the tie rod. Make sure both boots aren't ripped.

This boot might be a bit of a red herring for the noise you are hearing though... The clunking could possibly be a CV joint. That often presents as a clunk while turning.

It wouldn't hurt to check your power steering fluid level too, since it's easy to do. In this case, I dont think fluid level is the issue though. I'm leaning towards CV joint.

You can find universal replacement steering boots on Amazon, and if yours are damaged I would urge you to replace them before the steering rack is damaged. (Hopefully THAT isn't the issue)

Registered
[QUOTE = "4me2kno, publicaci贸n: 276800, miembro: 27422"]
View attachment 17127 Estoy buscando el nombre de la parte con el blanco ... La bota est谩 destrozada y hace un chasquido cuando doy la vuelta y si es un giro brusco, se tambalea. Cualquier ayuda 8 es muy apreciada. 07 calibre sxt 1.8l
[/CITA]
Buenas,
Eso es un Fuelle de la barra de direccion, el ruido lo provoca la falta de engrase de la pieza interior.

Saludos

Super Moderator
UOTE = "4me2kno, publicaci贸n: 276800, miembro: 27422"]
View attachment 17127 Estoy buscando el nombre de la parte con el blanco ... La bota est谩 destrozada y hace un chasquido cuando doy la vuelta y si es un giro brusco, se tambalea. Cualquier ayuda 8 es muy apreciada. 07 calibre sxt 1.8l
[/CITA]
Buenas,
Eso es un Fuelle de la barra de direccion, el ruido lo provoca la falta de engrase de la pieza interior.

Saludos
Hello good,
That is a steering rod bellows, the noise is caused by the lack of lubrication of the inner part.

Greetings

1 - 9 of 9 Posts