Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering what to use in my doors with as little modding as posible. What are you using besides stock speackers in the doors.

Wife will not let me do too much untill the warranty is over just incase I void something. :wiggle2:
Thanks for the input in advance.

Scott Kalvinek
Worcester, Ma
SXT

·
Registered
858 Posts
I use CDT ES-06+ in my doors, ES-4 in the dash and ES-010 for my tweeter. These are the best sounding speakers I ever used. However, when it comes to speakers the best way to decide on speakers is to listen and buy what sounds best to you.

·
Registered
107 Posts
yes theres adapters you can get so you can put whatever size speaker you want. As far as brand, I have had many systems and I have used every brand. Theres no question the best is JL audio. Sound, performance, and longevity. what more can you ask for.:D I use JL for my midrange, high and I have w-3 10" subwoofer for bass. Im using MTX amp to push it all. Heres a pic of my sub amp.:cool:

http://www.caliberforumz.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2218&d=1209435924

·
Registered
858 Posts
I do have do disagree with the comment that JL is the best. There are many more brands out there that are of better quality like, Focal, CDT, Hybrid, Rainbow and more. Not saying JL is the bad. When it comes to mainstream car audio JL is deffenitly towards the top but IMO Alpine Type-X Pro comps are number one in mainstream car audio. But before buying a speaker please listen to as many as possible.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
YES LISTEN listen and listen again! and remember if something seems a bit harsh in a store it will kill your ears in the car! front stage is all about personal preference, listen to as many options in your price range as possible, and listen to them with your music! everyone is different, i personally cant use alpine i find there highs to be way to harsh for my taste, but others absolutely love them! what will be best for you will be determined by what you listen to, what volume you listen at and what your ears are sensitive to

·
Registered
15 Posts
where do you guys get your speaker adpaters?

i seen them @ crutchfield for 14.99 but they are usually grossly overpriced lol

·
Registered
1,604 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I replaced the stock speakers with the Kicker upgrade. I have the base 4 speaker setup. The kickers are chrysler replacements and fit right in, no problem, have the same connection as the stock speakers. The magnets are much bigger than the stock ones and give the doors some added weight. Check my thread out on the Kicker's, I posted pictures comparing the stock ones with the Kicker's. The sound improvement over the stock ones is noticeable. IMHO I think any upgrade is an improvement.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I went with Phoenix Gold RSD 6.5 Components in the front and Pioneer Rev 6.5" for rear fill. I am giving the RSD's 150w each. For my sub I have an Alpine 10" type R with 500w.

I really like my mids and sub and would recommend them to anyone with a caliber.

As far as the door adapter plate, I made my own by tracing the speaker onto a thin piece of wood and cutting it out. I then mounted the tweeter and woofer onto the plate and they both fit under my front door grill.

The best thing you can do is go to a local shop and listen to them, or go to a car audio forum and get as many opinions as possible.

My headunit and sub. Sorry no pics of the door speakers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What i current have installed are 4 6x9 infinity kappa speakers front and back. Next up will be a JL audio stealthbox for the back. That should be enough for me, but i may go more from there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts