Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the part numbers of the harnesses that are needed when replacing the stock REC nav unit with an after market radio (Pioneer)? The Cailber does have the steering wheel radio controls, which I want to function with the new unit. It also has uconnect.
I did a search on the board here and got some good info and some conflicting info, so I'm looking for clarification.

Thanks.

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
Go to the Knowledge Base. Everything you're looking for is within the DIYs.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Should be the Metra Axxess XSVI6502. I got mine on eBay for $15. I think they go for $40 regularly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Axxess-XSVI-650...139?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b48be74b

What Pioneer HU do you have?

The steering wheel interface should be this one, but you will have to confirm or deny it.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127SWIPS/PAC-SWI-PS.html?tp=701

Once again eBay says way cheaper:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SWI-PS-PAC-Stee...226?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c57680682

BTW my build log should have all the info on the Metra dash kit, harness, and install pictures.

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it all. Just waiting on the dash kit and antenna adapter to get here. I even ordered a back-up camera. So hopefully I will remember to get a camera and take some pics and post a thread on the install of all this. By the way has anyone installed a back-up camera so that you can use it even if you are not backing up? You know for entertainment purposes for the passenger, when you are zipping in and out of traffic and merging onto the interstate.

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
By the way has anyone installed a back-up camera so that you can use it even if you are not backing up? You know for entertainment purposes for the passenger, when you are zipping in and out of traffic and merging onto the interstate.
Yeah, don't hook the control wire to the backup lights. Hook it to +12V that comes on when the ignition is on instead.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Prop. I've been searching the forums to confirm that but haven't come accross it. I knew if I connected to the reverse lights or the reverse trigger that it would only operate when in reverse. Anyone know if there is switched 12v power anywhere in the vicinity of the lift gate?

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
Thanks Prop. I've been searching the forums to confirm that but haven't come accross it. I knew if I connected to the reverse lights or the reverse trigger that it would only operate when in reverse. Anyone know if there is switched 12v power anywhere in the vicinity of the lift gate?
Do you have the sub in the back? If you do, there should be some there.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why yes I do have the sub. That makes things easy. Now if the postal service will just deliver the dash kit, I can get on with this install.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I did a backup camera on my Civic that fed video of the rear of the car to a 10 inch LCD rearview mirror TV. I split it also so on the AVIC-Z120BT when I backed up it came up on there also. I can provide a video link if you would like. Don't skimp on a cheap camera. I paid 150 bucks for the Pioneer one and it made a HUGE difference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am going to place 2 diodes one at the back up light and one at the radio.So when you want the camera on the back-up lights wont come on and the other is for keeping the power going back into the radio when you are in reverse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey guys! i need little help with my caliber.. i have 2007 with boston system and im going to replace stock radio and i order accidentally metra chto-o3 adapter.. i just want to know is chto-01 same thing but only difference is in the biggest harness.. i have one extra harness wich fit my cal so can i change it?

·
Super Moderator
12,293 Posts
Someone wanted a head unit that still played discs. This one that was the future once (after Caliber) is still around with a later Android 8.1

It's plug & play - no adaptors with steering wheel control. Note it does not support the Boston Premium sub-woofer or Sirius.

Video intro from 2014

1 - 17 of 17 Posts