Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most media is invited to Chrysler's open SIX hour marathon presentation.

I have not found a live link or streaming feed, please post any info you have.

Will we be eavesdropping with Tweets?

·
Super Moderator
12,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Allpar man is acknowledging that future US products for the engineering teams will just be the Trucks / Minivan. All car platforms will be Italian.

Jeep Liberty,
Jeep Grand Cherokee/Dodge Durango,
Dodge Ram,
Chrysler Town & Country.

Presumably the Wrangler stalwart will continue as a 'classic' design without needing major engineering.

·
Super Moderator
12,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Most media is invited to Chrysler's open SIX hour marathon presentation.
I have not found a live link or streaming feed, please post any info you have.
Will we be eavesdropping with Tweets?
CHRYSLER have announced IT !! YOU ARE INVITED to

Live Audio Webcast of Chrysler Group LLC 2010-2014 Business Plan Meeting

The rollout of Chrysler Group LLC's 2010-2014 Business Plan will be available through a live audio webcast on Wednesday, November 4th starting at 11 a.m. EST until approximately 6 p.m EST.
Audio from the business meeting at Chrysler World Headquarters in Auburn Hills, Michigan, will be accompanied by speakers' presentation slides.

INVITE LINK

Chrysler Group LLC 2010 - 2014 Business Plan
Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Registration is required to listen to this webcast.

* Required Fields
First Name *
Last Name *
E-mail *
Title *
Company *
Investor Type *

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
I'm not particularly interested in European cars. If this latest (one of way too many) rumors is true, this is my last Chrysler product. If Ford isn't around in a few years, guess I'll do what every other "Red Blooded American" does - buy Japanese.

·
Super Moderator
12,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unlike General Motors Fiat has been largely silent until now about its plans for revamping Chrysler's ageing and truck-heavy vehicle line-up. Under Chrysler's former owner Cerberus Capital Management, the automaker had suspended much of its vehicle development work to conserve cash.

The briefing will include CEO Sergio Marchionne and Chrysler Chairman Bob Kidder.
The centerpiece of the five-hour presentation by Fiat and Chrysler executives will focus on plans to bring new fuel-efficient models to the U.S. market using Fiat-developed engine technology like Fiat's fuel-saving MultiAir engine technology.
(Fiat was given a 20-percent stake in Chrysler by the U.S. Treasury's autos task force in exchange for bringing more advanced vehicle technology to the U.S. automaker as part of an effort to allow it to meet tough new U.S. fuel economy standards.)

300/LX/Thesis
The Chrysler brand will be integrated into Fiat's own Lancia brand with shared vehicle platforms. Keeping Chrysler as a separate brand outside North America will be abandoned.
Fiat will take over development of the rear-wheel-drive platform that would have provided the underpinnings for a new Chrysler 300C. By taking over the new version of the platform known internally in Chrysler as the "LX," Fiat will be able to save several hundred million dollars by scrapping its own parallel development effort. The new shared platform will be used for the Lancia Thesis model which will broaden the Italian brand's product range.

DODGE is to continue with the Electric Vehicle program

·
Super Moderator
12,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Format for the day

The plan is expected to include financial and strategic goals, future product plans and the positioning of the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram brands.

The Chrysler Group LLC Business Plan presentation will begin with a welcome by Chrysler Group Chairman Robert Kidder and a strategic overview by Mr. Marchionne followed by presentations from members of the management team including the brand leaders.

The formal event will begin at 11 a.m. and is expected to last six hours. After the completion of the formal event, Chrysler Group executives will join journalists for a media question and answer period.

Due to the magnitude of the presentation, Chrysler workers will have the day off.

·
Super Moderator
12,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Today's e-vite uses Window Media Player (or Real) for a conference service by shareholder.com

·
Super Moderator
12,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AGENDA

Welcome
Opening Remarks
Dodge Brand
Quality
Product Development
Powertrain
RAM Trucks
Lunch
Jeep Brand
World Class Manufacturing
Purchasing
U.S. Dealer Network Development
Break
Canada
Mexico
International
Mopar
Chrysler Brand
Product Plan
Five-Year Financial Plan Review
Summary
Q&A
Closing Remarks

·
Super Moderator
12,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Opening Remarks
Posted by: C. Robert Kidder

Presentation 1 – Dodge Brand
Posted by: Ralph Gilles

Presentation 2 – Quality
Posted by: Doug Betts

Presentation 3 – Product Development
Posted by: Scott Kunselman

Presentation 4 – Powertrain
Posted by: Paolo Ferrero

resentation 5 – Ram Trucks
Posted by: Fred Diaz

Presentation 6 – Jeep Brand
Posted by: Mike Manley

Presentation 7 – World Class Manufacturing
Posted by: Scott Garberding

Presentation 8 – Purchasing
Posted by: Dan Knott

Presentation 9 – U.S. Network Development
Posted by: Peter Grady

Presentation 10 – Chrysler Canada
Posted by: Reid Bigland

Presentation 11 – Chrysler Mexico
Posted by: Joseph ChamaSrour

Presentation 12 – International
Posted by: Mike Manley

Presentation 13 – Mopar Overview
Posted by: Pietro Gorlier

Presentation 14 – Chrysler Brand
Posted by: Olivier Francois

Presentation 15 – Product Plan
Posted by: Joe Veltri

Presentation 16 – Financial Review
Posted by: Richard Palmer

Reactions: mouser

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
I couldn't stand listening to the presenters. It was tedious so I left after a while.

Thanks for documenting this whole thing. That does merit some :rep:

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
The important thing here is that the Caliber will continue until 2012. This is good news in a way.
World Engine VVT will be modified to include Fiat's MultiAir technology.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
From what I saw on Allpar, fairly impressive, but a lot to do. They seem to be wanting to go one step at a time. All I can say is - Wait and See

·
Super Moderator
12,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A lot of Italian accents ( & Brits). They certainly put on a show and got the world's attention. Overall very optimistic. The CEO did a good job of wrapping up the day and liking his personal taste in music.

Expect to read a lot of editorial tomorrow.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Definitely good to see that the Caliber will be around a couple more years. If Chrysler does their marketing "homework" like it was presented today - who knows; maybe a few more years beyond 2012.

World Engine - good to see that staying around for a while too. As much as I hate to say this - the absolute best 2 to 2.5 liter engine designs come from only one place - Asia. So I guess Fiat recognizes this too.

It really does seem as if Marcionne wants to fix Chrysler rather than abandoning it and converting it to another foreign brand.

·
Super Moderator
12,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CEO Sergio Marchionne said he hoped the event explained why Fiat and Chrysler are a good match. He said half of Chrysler's future products will be on Fiat architectures, with 40% of future powertrains "influenced by Fiat." He said the future of Fiat and Chrysler are now interlocked.
"This commitment is not to be underestimated," he said. "So that's the plan ... It's comprehensive, it's ambitious and it's serious."

He was at pains to explain how stretched Chrysler was with no flex in the available resources. The development timetables are tight including the new 'Neon' sedan Cali replacement in 2012. Belvidere will switch production over to the Fiat sedan so the only 'extra time' would be if the Cali was selling really well and there were delays in the Sedan program.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Still no clue as to wether the Cool Zone will be replaced with an Expresso machine.

I'd love to upgrade.

·
Super Moderator
12,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Still no clue as to wether the Cool Zone will be replaced with an Expresso machine.

I'd love to upgrade.
It was Job #1

An Italian touch 9:41 a.m. There are small but unmistakable signals of the Italian influence at the top.
At the Walter P. Chrysler car museum where news media registration takes place, an espresso coffee bar is serving up Euro-style coffee in demitasse cups.

Quality came later on.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
To get just the facts (and perform a DIY analysis) go to Allpar.com

1 - 20 of 22 Posts