Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm new to this forum. I've had my caliber since sept 2007 and I haven't really had any complaints.
But now I have an issue.

About a week ago I noticed the floor on rear drivers side was wet. I mean not a little wet like it completely soaked a sweatshirt that was on the floor. My initial assumption was that my children spilled water on it. So I cleaned it up. Dried it out. Well today again I noticed water on the floor. I haven't put the floor mats back in since last week so its very noticable. I know this time it isn't my children.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm planning on taking it to the dealership but it probably won't happen immediately because of schedules.

It hasn't rained in about a week either, so I don't know what to think.

Thanks

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
For the third(?) person this week, use the search function for "water leak". This has been discussed in so many threads by so many people, there's no need to bore you with more discussion here.;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello all, I'm new to this forum. I've had my caliber since sept 2007 and I haven't really had any complaints.
But now I have an issue.

About a week ago I noticed the floor on rear drivers side was wet. I mean not a little wet like it completely soaked a sweatshirt that was on the floor. My initial assumption was that my children spilled water on it. So I cleaned it up. Dried it out. Well today again I noticed water on the floor. I haven't put the floor mats back in since last week so its very noticable. I know this time it isn't my children.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm planning on taking it to the dealership but it probably won't happen immediately because of schedules.

It hasn't rained in about a week either, so I don't know what to think.

Thanks
Click on the below thread. It could be the same problem with your Caliber.
http://www.caliberforumz.com/showthread.php?t=15312

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Sunroof?

There have been some owners who have had clogged-up sunroof drain lines. This causes water to seep down the frame on pools down on the floor.

If that's not it, you probably have a missing floor bushing or body seals. Either way, do take it in.

Reactions: JOJOCHINTO

·
Registered
89 Posts
It could be a number of things. Do you have a sunroof, If so the drain tubes could be clogged allowing water to drain into the floor pans. I had a water leak issue with my Cali that was a result of sealer gaps, missing mastic patches, plenum holding water and leaking. Bottom line it never got fixed and I ended up lemon lawing the car. I hope your car is something simple and can be fixed. Take it to the dealer and let them look at it. There is also a excellent sticky on water leaks on this forum. Show this to the dealer also. Good luck!!! :smileup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I do not have a sun roof. But I guess it could be the seals. Thankfully the hubby is gonna take it in tommorrow for me.
I really hope this doesn't turn into a big issue, but we'll see.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
If you go to the gallery and use the search there for water leak you will see a member as left pictures of possible water entry sites, i also had a major leak and it was the rear foot well (left) that was affected..

here's a pic of my rear left carpet..

and this is the leak entry point, if you have a copier you might want to copy and take it to the dealers, mine was repaired and they sealed both sides under the fender, i haven't had a problem since, yours could be the same place, its also a starting point to look..

Reactions: JOJOCHINTO
1 - 7 of 7 Posts