Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I went to the dealer today and inquired about some warrenty related stuff.

Lucky for me, my service tech is a extreme modder this is what he had told me.

Plug and Play HID systems, does nothing, as long as you can return it to OEM.

MOPAR CAI (or any other cai) For example if you get water into the engine cause of it, your engine is not covered, cause the intake is not how it came from factory. Even if dodge installs it still not covered, only the part its self.

Same with anything else you do to your car.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You were wrong in part of it tho

Even if I get mopar CAI and dealer install if I get water in my car my engine isn't coverd cause of the CAI, its not the way the car was from factory.

I'm better off buyin the part and installing it my self, cause it will still yeild the same results and be cheaper

·
Registered
401 Posts
if you get water in your engine using the Mopar CAI.. you'd get water in your engine using the stock intake.. and honestly if you had water that high in the engine bay.. you did something wrong =p

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
You were wrong in part of it tho

Even if I get mopar CAI and dealer install if I get water in my car my engine isn't coverd cause of the CAI, its not the way the car was from factory.

I'm better off buyin the part and installing it my self, cause it will still yeild the same results and be cheaper
It's exactly what I said. The part added is covered, not any damage caused by it. If you drive through water that's too deep with the original intake and the engine swallows some, the warranty won't cover that either. The advantage in having the dealer do the install is that the workmanship is covered, and any direct damage caused by the part or improper install. If you do the install, only the part (if defective) is covered.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, even if they install it any workmanship isn't covered.
The guy told me i'd be better to buy it and take it to a personal mechanic and get it cheaper for install.
The water was just an example, not the greatest but still one

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
No, even if they install it any workmanship isn't covered.
The guy told me i'd be better to buy it and take it to a personal mechanic and get it cheaper for install.
The water was just an example, not the greatest but still one
Then your dealer sucks. My dealer warranties all their work. If they installed it, and it fails because they didn't install it correctly, they will replace it free of charge.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could it be difference in our locations even?

When my dad got some stuff for truck, he got it installed from GM, his intake was from Gm, but they still didn't cover anything that if it was instaleld wrong.

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
Could it be difference in our locations even?

When my dad got some stuff for truck, he got it installed from GM, his intake was from Gm, but they still didn't cover anything that if it was instaleld wrong.
Could be. All I know for sure, is that when I was considering a trailer hitch, they told me if they installed it, they would warrant the installation and any damage if they installed it improperly. They said that is the way the handle anything they install.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, like my service tech was into modding, he had a srt8 magnum and a srt 4 neon, and has a csrt4 on order. The neon is full stage 3, and his magnum is stage 2 right now. He already blew the engine on the neon, and it wasn't covered from dodge, so he had to fork out huge money to rebuild the engine.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Yep, the dealer where I bought mine said if they installed the trailer hitch and wiring harness, they'd cover it under warranty. If I bought if from them and did it myself, it would not be covered. I let them do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts