Dodge Caliber Forum banner

Did you get an extended warranty?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There has been a rash of issues from members after the manufacturer's warranty has run out. The question that begs an answer is:

How many of our members played it safe with this new model and bought an extended warranty?

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
I did.

When I got rid of my AWD Safari, I had spent 3000 on maintenance in 3 months, with various mechanical failures. I thought it was time to change so I didn't mind getting something comfy. Hence my fully-equipped Caliber. That included a warranty extension and pompous Gold service plan.

Given my Caliber hasn't been problem free, I'm still glad I chose that.

My latest problem is a rear door hinge. The roller thing seems to have seized and now every time the door is closed, it's metal-on-metal and I can see the door frame torquing. I'll report that on monday and hopefully have it fixed.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did.

When I got rid of my AWD Safari, I had spent 3000 on maintenance in 3 months, with various mechanical failures. I thought it was time to change so I didn't mind getting something comfy. Hence my fully-equipped Caliber. That included a warranty extension and pompous Gold service plan.

Given my Caliber hasn't been problem free, I'm still glad I chose that.

My latest problem is a rear door hinge. The roller thing seems to have seized and now every time the door is closed, it's metal-on-metal and I can see the door frame torquing. I'll report that on monday and hopefully have it fixed.
So...are you going to place a vote?

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
Nope, I just like the fact that I got the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. This sucker has to last me for at least six years and I've already got 8,500 miles on it in less than four months. Purchased it April 25th of this year. I just hope Chrysler stands behind the warranty when I need it.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
So...are you going to place a vote?
I'm so used at scrolling down to get passed the large banners that I somehow missed the poll.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If anybody wants their vote changed, let me know. I forgot when doing the poll that many of our members got the Powertrain Warranty. I set the poll up for the 36 month/36,000 mile basic warranty. I have added a category the those with the Powertrain Warranty.

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
No need to change mine, Brad. I'll stick with it the way it is.

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
I voted no, but I wish I had. If my CVT blows up, it will cost a fortune!!;)

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Didnt get extended warranty. Was thinking i might decide to get a bigger car at some point while its still under warranty.

You still can extend the warranty just before it expires can you?

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
I get emails and postal mail all of the time offering extended warranties. They just go in the trash can. I'm going to see how Chrysler does in the future. My son is looking for a job so he can get a Caliber. He loves mine and wants a fire mist red one for himself. I told him to be happy with the Geo I gave him and if he's lucky enough to land a job at 17 and still in school, he needs to save his money for college.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I get emails and postal mail all of the time offering extended warranties. They just go in the trash can. I'm going to see how Chrysler does in the future. My son is looking for a job so he can get a Caliber. He loves mine and wants a fire mist red one for himself. I told him to be happy with the Geo I gave him and if he's lucky enough to land a job at 17 and still in school, he needs to save his money for college.
If youve opened one, does it look like good deals they offer you or its just a waste?

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If youve opened one, does it look like good deals they offer you or its just a waste?
US Fidelis has been doing a lot of advertising of late. You can tailor the coverage you want. In most cases it would be best to have a plan for catastrophic failures.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
US Fidelis has been doing a lot of advertising of late. You can tailor the coverage you want. In most cases it would be best to have a plan for catastrophic failures.
Things are a bit different here. ive neva had any contact from the dealer bout extended warranty.

Anyhuu loads of prospective dodge vehicle buyers are being put off by the dealers here cause of their lack of knowledge on future specs or their unresponsiveness (dont know if its a real word) to let buyers test drive new vehicles

·
Registered
908 Posts
Before I bought the Caliber I use to get recorded message calls saying "Your car warranty is about to expire" LOL I haven't had a car with a warranty ever to this point!!
I did how ever buying a used "new" car opt for the 60 month 60,000 mile warranty. 1) I have always been handy with working on cars but I'm lost on these newer cars. 2) if I'm paying for this the next 6 years I's like most of it to be under warranty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts