Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wifes b-day is right around the corner and she loves the HID's i have on my BMW... so i want to get her some HID's for the ooccasion.
so research has shown the kit to be an H13 hi/lo kit, personally i've done alot of business with ddmtuning.com and they offer lifetime warranties on their kits and i haven't been dissatisfied yet so i will be getting the kit from there.
however, it's to my understanding that the headlamps on these calibers have some type of pulse or something to them and that i need to use relays to activate the HID ballasts instead of the old plug & play method.
installing the relays is no problem for me i just want to confirm that this is a proven method, currently i have her daytime runing lights turned off.

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
my wifes b-day is right around the corner and she loves the HID's i have on my BMW... so i want to get her some HID's for the ooccasion.
so research has shown the kit to be an H13 hi/lo kit, personally i've done alot of business with ddmtuning.com and they offer lifetime warranties on their kits and i haven't been dissatisfied yet so i will be getting the kit from there.
however, it's to my understanding that the headlamps on these calibers have some type of pulse or something to them and that i need to use relays to activate the HID ballasts instead of the old plug & play method.
installing the relays is no problem for me i just want to confirm that this is a proven method, currently i have her daytime runing lights turned off.
Not quite. The TIPM looks for proper resistance to make sure the circuit is good. Any variance will cause it to flash the power to the circuit to clear any detected error. If the error doesn't clear, the circuit is turned off. Check out the Knowledge Base forum for further guidance, or make it easy on yourself and buy from our supporting vendor, AAC.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
currently i have her daytime runing lights turned off.
When you say turned off do you mean disabled? I'm just curious because I asked a dealership to turn mine off and they couldn't figure it out.

Maybe someone else can confirm this but, if he does mean disabled, he shouldn't have the pulse problem since it's related to the DRL's?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i thought i just turned that option off with the settings screen on the dash. but that was when we first got it about a year ago, i'll have to double check if i did it there or if it came that way.
are those pics with stock head lamps?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I know a dealer from Xenonworks. HID kits for the H13 with regular size ballast are $87 plus $17 for the canceler kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.