Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my volt gauge today

It changes colors, i have it set for red LOL.

Pretty straight forward install.

Black is ground
Red and orange are for the gauge its self. Red i think is power, orange is on/off
then white is for the light

I attached red and orange together, then to the + of cig lighter, the black is grounded with the cig lighter, then white goes to the light for the gear shift select so I can adjust the brightness.

Right now it is held with 3m tape till my friend brings me a gauge bracked then it is getting that instead

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Looks nice Cory, reps for sharing with us.

·
Administrator
6,491 Posts
Looks nice! :smileup: ( and very functional )

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
evenually I might look into finding a pod similar to the srt4 boost gauge and move it there, but till then it'll stay there

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Nice addition Cory :smileup: Sorry but I can't understand from the pic, where did you put it at the moment ?
Where the boost gauge is in the SRT would look great I think!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Nice one Cory

Reps for that

So is that for telling you what voltage your battery is or it helps in checkin for overvoltage conditions when charging

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm using it to just tell me the voltage, if i wanted to check for overcharging, I woulda been better off to by a amperage gauge.

Lycia I'll upload a picture to show better. that was a quick one,

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Sweet.. they sell the guage pods at modern performance...
btw here is a bigger pic

It looks like it is on the right side of the steering wheel... ???

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

yeaa it is
Pod what gauge pod did you see on modern?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you talking about the A-pillar dual pod one?
I thought about that, but I don't need to gauges, just a volt gauge.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been thinking about it, I personally don't know how to fiber glass, but I know enough car guys one of them should know some one who can

·
Registered
577 Posts
i would love a gauge pod made for the calibers but because im from ireland my car is right hand drive and it would be on the wrong side:shakehead: so i had to buy a univesal pod and heat gun it into shape so it would fit perfectly.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Cory, I have digital volt gauge in my ScanGauge II. This is what it says about what the readings mean.....Normal running battery voltage is between 13 and 15 . When the engine is off it should be between 11 and 13. Voltages higher than 15 volts can damage batteries and electrical components. Voltages below 13 when the vehicle is running could indicate poor charging of the battery. Voltage below 11 when the engine is off, could indicate a low battery charge or a shorted battery cell.

Did your volt gauge come with instructions like this telling you what the voltage means? Having a volt gauge should give you a little pre warning for trouble to come. I have mine displayed on my ScanGauge II.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
David, it came with a generic instructions on how to attach it to the wires LOL
I had a bit of idea on how to read the voltage from using my radar detector as a volt guage, and from ymdads truck and friends scangauge in my old car

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Ok Cory now I can see it ! Thanks :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts