Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’m a new 2.0 caliber owner. I had a 2.4 patriot prior to this. And, I’m not too familiar with the 2.0. I just replaced my radiator and heater core due to over heating. My heater core was full of what looked like wet cement. Not sure what it was. Any ideas? Also, what’s the small line running off my upper radiator hose? Looks like it runs back down under my air filter towards driver seat somewhere. I bought a new upper hose because my old one exploded. I temporarily have it fixed and my car running with the small line capped off. Not sure what it is or if it’s hurting anything at the moment being capped. And how would I take the small line off. Not sure what it’s connected to.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Good,
It is very important not to mix coolant liquids of a different nature, they generate sediments.
There are 4 different types of coolant, I say coolant because we usually call it antifreeze, but the type of liquid that modern cars carry is very coolant. If they mix, they make sludge and sediment that end up at the lowest point, the heating radiator, rendering it useless.
They also clog the thermostat.

Greetings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts