Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The SRT4, unlike my previous Caliber, feels extremely solid. I'ts also NOT a lease. It's MINE! (And the bank's...)

The mod bug has just stung.

I have some exterior moded parts on order… will show you when they arrive.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to hear you loving your SRT man

Wish i was in your shoes. Cant wait to see them mods.

So what are they?
Bare essentials for now:
  • Small antena (~8 inch or so)
  • Front grill SRT mopar emblem
  • Black Projector Headlights kits from Modern Performance
I'm still looking into performance stuff but I want to get more info on Mopar Stage1. The pollution & legality warning on their catalog kinda threw me off on this.

Also, PT Performance's engine mounts is on my list, and so is some kind of strut stabilizer bar. This last one I'll buy locally because I can't imagine shipping costs for those.

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Sounds like a good start! :smileup: Can't wait to see some pics

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
The motor mounts your talking about are suppose to help cut down torque steer, and a strut tower brace will also be nice. The lights will make you SRT4 look nice and mean. These are great choices for mods, but once it starts, it's hard to stop lol!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
For the Stage 1 there is ways around it. Check out PTPerformance.com and they may hook you up with the stage 1 that is already flashed, they make it plug and play. As for mods you will want to throw in a K&N drop in filter cheaper and better then an actual cold air intake. Throw in some NGK Iridiums as well. Hope this helps. And welcome to the site. I also think the SRT grill emblem adds 10 HP haha.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For the Stage 1 there is ways around it. Check out PTPerformance.com and they may hook you up with the stage 1 that is already flashed, they make it plug and play. As for mods you will want to throw in a K&N drop in filter cheaper and better then an actual cold air intake. Throw in some NGK Iridiums as well. Hope this helps. And welcome to the site. I also think the SRT grill emblem adds 10 HP haha.
Thanks for the welcome RysaMess :Hey:

:gr_grin:

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have looked at motor mounts also but have heard they are hard to install.

I got my SRT badge & shorty antenna from modernperformance.com :)

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On monday I got an email to tell me stuff was shipped. It mentioned 6-10 days shipping so I figured next week I'd get it. Since i'd be in the office that week (on vacation this week) I fugurred I wouldn't wait if it was delivered at the office.

Well damnit! I got a call from the office telling me my package had arrived and since there's duty to be paid on it, the guy would return tomorrow with it so that I can pay.

Damnit! I could have has my stuff today!!

That's a most-excellent delivery time!

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
That's the way it goes LOL!!! I ordered something last week. I got a new (one day later) estimated delivery date. This is the first time U.P.S. has ever changed their estimated delivery date of all the things i have ever ordered.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll be installing this tomorrow. Full photo and documentation package will be put up here. I already assembled a 5 page PDF except for the service manual for the relevant information for whoever wants to change (or service) they head light units.

Oh man ... I can feel the rep coming... Brendy, I'm coming for you! :D

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Sweet! Looking forward to read it :smileup:
... & ready to spread some reps ...

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Soon™.

I got downtown too early and wasn't about to wait for it so I arranged for customs payment to be done and will go pick the stuff tomorrow :/

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finally got a chance to go pick up my parts at the postal office (they didn't deliver the next day as they said they would).

I couldn't wait and had a wrench with me to yank out the factory antenna. The small one is so sweet!

It will require LockTite though.

I should install the lights tomorrow evening if weather isn't too crapy.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts