Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having intermittent issue with my caliber not starting when I turn the ignition key. Sometimes the car starts and sometimes there is no sound when turning the key. When it does start it starts strong. The battery is about 1 year old and seems to be strong. Do anyone know what is happening? Thank you.

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
I am having intermittent issue with my caliber not starting when I turn the ignition key. Sometimes the car starts and sometimes there is no sound when turning the key. When it does start it starts strong. The battery is about 1 year old and seems to be strong. Do anyone know what is happening? Thank you.
Any number of things. Bad ignition switch, bad SKREEM (the part that reads the ignition key ID), bad connection, bad starter relay, or damaged wiring.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Why don't you just remove and clean your battery cables and posts for a start? Just a little corrosion can cause this. While you're at it, check the cables and make sure there's no corrosion under the insulation.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Could also be bad PARK position ignition enabling switch -
try putting it in neutral and start when this occurs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.