Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 08 sxt stock engine and i was wondering it would be possible to put in an aftermarket turbo, or if it would be possible to put in n srt4's turbo, please leave any suggestions or tips u got.

·
Registered
622 Posts
if its a CVT, then no, the CVT wont handle the power and wouldnt be of any use... if its a manual, then you probably could, but it would be expensive... you have to rebuild the whole engine and strengthen it to handle the forced induction.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is a cvt, im getting board with it , is there any way to boost the hp or acceleration noticeably

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
it is a cvt, im getting board with it , is there any way to boost the hp or acceleration noticeably
Exhaust and CAI are it. And of course trading the car for something else.

·
Registered
622 Posts
you can get a mopar or dc sports (same thing) header as well. paired with the CAI and exhaust (i have magnaflow and K&N), on paper you should have around 28 more horsepower than stock.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
you can get a mopar or dc sports (same thing) header as well. paired with the CAI and exhaust (i have magnaflow and K&N), on paper you should have around 28 more horsepower than stock.
The header is part of the exhaust. ;)

·
Super Squirrel
818 Posts
but headers dont come with the exhaust. lol sold separately and may include some minor assembly :gy:

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
but headers dont come with the exhaust. lol sold separately and may include some minor assembly :gy:
And the point I was making is that it's part of the exhaust. I didn't breakout the muffler and cat either. Exhaust means everything from the engine back through to the tail pipe. So there!:Na_Na_Na_Na::gr_grin:

·
Super Squirrel
818 Posts
And the point I was making is that it's part of the exhaust. I didn't breakout the muffler and cat either. Exhaust means everything from the engine back through to the tail pipe. So there!:Na_Na_Na_Na::gr_grin:
:str: touche lol u win

·
Registered
622 Posts
i know the header is part of the exhaust system... but i was just letting him know that it was a component to buy. i didnt know there was a header until i read about it on here. i knew there was a magnaflow system tho... no high flow convertors tho lol

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
FYI, just before some AWD owner gets disappointed, there is NO aftermarket exhaust manifold headers available for the AWD model.

Thats because the AWD doesn't have a n exhaust manifold.

It has a "maniverter", which is a combination manifold and cat. There's another smaller cat down the line.

·
Registered
774 Posts
FYI, just before some AWD owner gets disappointed, there is NO aftermarket exhaust manifold headers available for the AWD model.

Thats because the AWD doesn't have a n exhaust manifold.

It has a "maniverter", which is a combination manifold and cat. There's another smaller cat down the line.

Maniverter sounds painful!

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
has anyone used a chip or is that just a waste?

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
has anyone used a chip or is that just a waste?
Been discussed a plethora of times. Jet couldn't even get one of their chips to work. All it did was mess the engine up. They gave up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts