Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced this issue? I've only had my car for about 3 weeks and this was something that my wife and I noticed. The faster the car would go the louder this whistle would get. I had the car in today for some service and had this taken care of. I was just curious how many other people may have been affected by this. Now it's time to get the car up to 70-80mph to make sure the whistle is gone. ;)

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I have the whistle over 60mph but haven't gotten it fixed yet. Printed the TSB. I have the sunroof open most of the time in the summer, so it's only noticable when the car is sealed tight. :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah before we just turned the radio volume up and that took care of the noise. ;)

Reactions: Brendy

·
Registered
604 Posts
I am trying to think now, when I notice a whistle sound I usually get it from the right side, but maybe that is just my head screwing with me and it really is coming from the left.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Just to clarify, by whistle you mean the wind right?
It's a high pitched whistle, on the same level as when you roll a window up,(when your traveling at a high rate of speed), just before it closes you might hear this. When the car's cabin pressure is changing. Some people are really sensitive to it, but if you've lost some of that higher end hearing, you might not notice it.

[My dad had a Chevy cop car that had this whistle they could never fix (I think it was a window seal leak issue) and thus he like the song "see the USA, in your shi**y Chevrolet" or sometimes "shimmy Chevrolet" for the loose front end. He hated that car.]

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yes I also have this whistle. I took the Cali in to get the clutch pedal sweak fixed, and 1/2 houer after I left the stealership the thing sweaks more!!!!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can happily report that the high pitched whistle is gone. Great success!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Glad to hear that this takes care of the whistle noise. I haven't minded it too much, but it bugs my wife. I'm starting a small list of items to get the dealer to take care of anyway, might as well add this one to the list.

·
Registered
724 Posts
i seriously have bought my car in for this problem probably 2-3 times when i first got it and they could never fix it. hopefully this one will work!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yup, I noticed mine right after I picked it up...they didi somehting to the mirror and it went away. BUT now I am having stuck throttle issues, it jumps up to 4k RPM and stays there...but no codes...POS

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
Yup, I noticed mine right after I picked it up...they didi somehting to the mirror and it went away. BUT now I am having stuck throttle issues, it jumps up to 4k RPM and stays there...but no codes...POS
That's a known (all be it small number) issue. Have the dealer replace the peddle assembly. The bushings on some cars have been known to slip out of place. It won't throw any codes. It's strictly mechanical.

As I've mentioned else where, these techs have a tendency to rely too heavily on codes to the point of not fixing an issue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts