Dodge Caliber Forum banner

221 - 231 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well, I did it, and it feels like a whole new car again...

It actually feels faster than my Dad's zippy little focus (which it should be!).

Anyway, just add me to the "me too" list.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Curious here. When I bought my caliber from our dealer, I asked them if there were any recalls of anything of that sort on the car, and they said no. I just checked and saw my cali was made in may of '07, and was wondering if I should go down there and have them check the version. The car isn't as zippy as I thought it would be, but it is zippy no doubt. Thoughts?

·
Registered
759 Posts
The dealer should be able to show/give you a printout of all the TSB's that have been accomplinshed on that vehicle and all the work done at a Dodge service dept.

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
Curious here. When I bought my caliber from our dealer, I asked them if there were any recalls of anything of that sort on the car, and they said no. I just checked and saw my cali was made in may of '07, and was wondering if I should go down there and have them check the version. The car isn't as zippy as I thought it would be, but it is zippy no doubt. Thoughts?
The TSB that is mentioned in this thread only applied to Calibers built before April 27, 2007. So yours does not apply. There might be something else going on, or you have just gotten use to the way it drives.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have an 07...manufactured in july 07...but I have this problem MAJORLY!

0-20 mph...I usually get like 'dead pedal'...but sometimes it just whips right into gear jerking us backwards.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hmmm. This is interesting. I was told nothing like this exist. Well I printed off this bulletin and I will be taking it to my dealer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I took the Cali in for a broken window regulator and asked the service writer to scan for all outstanding TSB's. (IIRC, they are supposed to update a TSB sticker on the radiator crossmember support, and ours does not have a sticker yet.) He asked 'why' we wanted the TSB's checked, and I told him 'poor performance and low gas mileage'. So the mechanic replies that a full tuneup is in order before he looks for TSB's.
Seriously? What a bunch of idiots to ignore a direct request.
I may give them one more chance, since they did quickly service the warranty repair for the window regulator.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
I keep getting an ad from Chrysler in the mail that wants me to come to a dealership for a "free" "while you wait" software check and update. I believe that this TSB is software related, so it should be covered for this free service.

I'm trying to upload a scan of the ad, but I have not had any luck yet.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
When i went to my dealer to have the TSB 18-031-07 done, i just complained of my Caliber not performing right and feeling sluggish. The service guy looked in his book and told me "we have a fix for that". I acted dumb and asked what can you do to fix it? He then told me "there is a TSB called 18-031-07, a computer flash that should fix your Caliber and make it run much better".

They did it and my Caliber runs so much better. This was around 2 years ago.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought my car from a used car lot, went into a dodge dealer the next week, they updated the software after i told them i heard some knock in the front suspension and the tranny felt like it was sluggish or jerky shifting. I didnt have the car long enough to tell a performance boost, but the shifting is definitely smooth when in D and you cant even feel the car shifting at all.

But the click is still there in the suspension S:

221 - 231 of 231 Posts