Dodge Caliber Forum banner

181 - 200 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
So the TSB 18-031-07 Flash...

I took my caliber back to my dealer, and i brought the papers to them, told them that i am having the slow start problems, and i am hearing the clicking sound. So i took it to them, the said everything went okay, but when i got my car back, it still had the slow start and clicking noise... Anyone else have this same problem? And what should i do, just take it back to them and ask them to do it again?

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
I took my caliber back to my dealer, and i brought the papers to them, told them that i am having the slow start problems, and i am hearing the clicking sound. So i took it to them, the said everything went okay, but when i got my car back, it still had the slow start and clicking noise... Anyone else have this same problem? And what should i do, just take it back to them and ask them to do it again?
I moved your post into the Existing thread, rather than start another one.;) If I were you and I wasn't happy, I would take it back. the clicking noise you hear could also be the exhaust, no PCM flash is going to fix that.;) :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
oh okay, its cool.... so i did have it done, but the only difference i can tell is that from 0 to 10, its slightly better, but not very noticeable... so has anyone else had to go and have this done twice? personally, all i'm trying to do is get the most out of my engine as possible, its the drag racer in me that i got from my grandfather ;), so its just that i do like to really step on the peddal at a red light, but its really slow from 0 to 20, but after 20, i can really feel it take off... no, i'm not a racer, but mabe one day, after i'm done with school, i could do something like that for fun on the drag strip...

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
oh okay, its cool.... so i did have it done, but the only difference i can tell is that from 0 to 10, its slightly better, but not very noticeable... so has anyone else had to go and have this done twice? personally, all i'm trying to do is get the most out of my engine as possible, its the drag racer in me that i got from my grandfather ;), so its just that i do like to really step on the peddal at a red light, but its really slow from 0 to 20, but after 20, i can really feel it take off... no, i'm not a racer, but maybe one day, after i'm done with school, i could do something like that for fun on the drag strip...
The TSB is for light to moderate acceleration. If you stomp on it, it will be just as slow to prevent belt slippage.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I'm driving a friends SXT 5-spd for a few day (he borrowed our Van), it was built 6/07. WHAT a DIFFERENCE in the smoothness/ease of shift and throttle response. Pretty peppy for a 1.8L. There is no doubt now I'm going to take mine in for the flash.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had my Cali in for the first service today. I had asked for 2 TSB's to be applied. I was told by my service rep that this TSB is now a safety recall. My first thought was cool, then I thought about it a bit more. So now all you Cali fans out there, can anyone confirm that this is now a recall, or should I warm up my BS flag for use?

Also, I know this is off thread, but I also wanted to have TSB 14-003-07 Gas neck loose done. When I filled my car the first time, I thought, "thats odd. There is way too much play in this thing" and that was all, just a thought. When I got on here last night I found that TSB. Well off for service. I was told by the rep that this didn't apply to my Cali either. When I asked if the gas neck is supposed to move as much as mine does, she simply replied, sometimes we all just have to live with things the way they are.

Well I plan to go to another dealership next week and see if they say the same about both issues. I actually hope that the other place finds the problems and fixes them. I will love going back to my dealership and thanking them for their poor service.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Also, I know this is off thread, but I also wanted to have TSB 14-003-07 Gas neck loose done..... When I asked if the gas neck is supposed to move as much as mine does, she simply replied, sometimes we all just have to live with things the way they are
THAT reply is unbelievable and unacceptable!! As Prop1 would say (besides it's off thread) FIND another dealer if yours is either too stupid or too ignorant to deal with a known problem!:loser1:

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
I had my Cali in for the first service today. I had asked for 2 TSB's to be applied. I was told by my service rep that this TSB is now a safety recall. My first thought was cool, then I thought about it a bit more. So now all you Cali fans out there, can anyone confirm that this is now a recall, or should I warm up my BS flag for use?
It's still a TSB. And it is not considered a safety issue. I don't think your dealer looked up the correct TSBs. Find a new dealer, yours is STUPID!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah I'm with you so far. I'm gonna spend some good quality time at another dealer next week.

Sorry about jumping threads, but someone closed the one on the gas filler neck.

·
Registered
217 Posts
another tsb story

Find a new dealer, yours is STUPID!:rolleyes:

I just got off the phone w/my dealer, and once again, I'm glad I bought my RT from them. They are not a '5 star', rather, a local home-town dealer. And I like that. They didn't rip me off when I bought my car- nothing against 5 star, it's just that the 5 star dealer I talked to had hidden fees- doc fee and delivery fee- costing me an extra few hundred dollars, when my 'local boys' got me the same car, without those fees!

Anyway, now they are doing this tsb for me on Friday. After looking through these somewhat lenghty threads, I printed the tsb and called,expecting a hassle. No problem, he looked up my vin #, and said that I did indeed that tsb.

I wouldn't have known about this if it wasn't for this forum, so thanks.

·
Dodge Caliber Forums
1,295 Posts
I just got the flash done when I brought my 07 SXT in for a few other things and I can definately notice a difference. Before the flash (since new) it has had a horrible delay when you press down the accelerator. I mean, I know all the new drive by wire throttle systems have a bit of delay, but this was annoyingly long. It also bogged between 20-40kms/hr when acceleration normally. After the flash, the throttle response is now instant and the bogging is gone. It's drives like a totally different car.

I did notice that the CVT makes an annoying whirrrrrrrrr while idling in drive that I swear it didn't do before the flash. Odd.

·
Registered
59 Posts
has anyone noticed a decrease in MPG/KPG since getting this done? I think im only getting around 300miles per tank city driving and i was sure that it was getting more before then...

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
has anyone noticed a decrease in MPG/KPG since getting this done? I think im only getting around 300miles per tank city driving and i was sure that it was getting more before then...
I barely ever done 300km in a city tank.

It's my #2 gripe on my Caliber. I find it's fuel efficiency lack-lusting and comparable to my previous GMC Safari AWD with it's massive 4.3L Vortec engine, geared for towing. That sucker would do about 450km city on a 92L tank.

I drive my Caliber the same way I did my truck.

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
I've been getting better. Sure you aren't unconsciously goosing it a little more now that it's more responsive?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Might be a coincidence as summer gasoline has 10% MBTE added. You may also have been running the A/C more often in the summer. FWIW, I've also noticed a dip in MPG and will see if it improves this Autumn. Lastly, I'm not entirely thrilled with the TSB results. Off-the-line launch should still be a faster / more responsive just for safety reasons (ie: merging/pulling into or across traffic, yikes, this is an R/T??).

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
yikes, this is an R/T??).
R/T is a handling package, it doesn't signify performance. Although I feel the same way you do, our AWD R/T's dont get up and go, and with that badge of honor you would think that it would.

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
Might be a coincidence as summer gasoline has 10% MBTE added. You may also have been running the A/C more often in the summer. FWIW, I've also noticed a dip in MPG and will see if it improves this Autumn. Lastly, I'm not entirely thrilled with the TSB results. Off-the-line launch should still be a faster / more responsive just for safety reasons (ie: merging/pulling into or across traffic, yikes, this is an R/T??).
You got that backwards. MTBE, ethanol, butane, ethane, and what not is added in the winter mix to cause a fast more complete burn in cold temperatures. Since these additives have less BTUs, fuel economy drops off in the winter. However, the additives take up the room of more expensive pure gasoline.;)

Reactions: MetroAWD
181 - 200 of 231 Posts