Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I took my cali into the dealer since I've experienced the issue but they will have to order the parts and call me when they come in.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
for an outrageous price i bet if it's not under waranty :(

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Just out of curiosity, Geoff, what parts did they have to order?

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
Just out of curiosity, Geoff, what parts did they have to order?
According to the TSB:

PARTS REQUIRED:

1 68078218AB Fuel Sending Unit Kit w/ Fuel Line Adaptor
Built Before 3/1/2010
1 68078219AB Fuel Sending Unit Kit w/o Fuel Line Adaptor
Built After 3/1/2010

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have an '09 built in the fall of '08. So it would be the Fuel Sending Unit Kit w/ Fuel Line Adaptor. They said the part should arrive on Friday.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So today they replaced the Fuel Sending Unit. Car seems fine so far. I guess 'cause they saw 28k Mi on the odo and thought lets get extra $$$$. Then they suggest a tune-up $117, throttle body service $105, and fuel injection service $134.95. I said no thanks since she runs smooth with good mileage. I've been experimenting with plugs so I have probably 4 sets plugs with only a few thousand MI on each.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Typical stealership, Geoff. They always tried to sell me something if I went in for warranty work on mine too. I never bought anything from them.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh and I left out the funny part. When one of the help brought my car up I asked if he though it needed the TuneUp. He looked at it tzhen back at me and said nope. I said didn't think so and he chuckled as he walked away. LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts