Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a question about the front brake TSB for the 2010 Caliber. I have a rubbing noise coming from my front end when braking at low speeds. It seems to fit the symptoms described in the TSB.

I have the Modern Performance strut brace on my car. Can the dealer blame the strut brace for the noise or should I avoid any issues and just take it off before I take the car in?

Thanks

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
I wouldn't think it could be an issue, but it depends on how anal your dealer is about mods. Obviously, the safest plan would be to remove it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was thinking but I figured if anybody hasnt gotten hasseled for the same thing I would save myself the work of taking it off.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I’ve got a question about the front brake TSB for the 2010 Caliber. I have a rubbing noise coming from my front end when braking at low speeds. It seems to fit the symptoms described in the TSB.

I have the Modern Performance strut brace on my car. Can the dealer blame the strut brace for the noise or should I avoid any issues and just take it off before I take the car in?

Thanks

these is what im hearing on my cali.rubbing noise at the front end at low speed.specially after applying the brake and start to accelerate the car. What the dealer said to me was, its a rotational rubbing noise, and my brake rotors needs to resurfaced for CAD 199.00..So what i did, i took the rotors out and have it resurfaced in a shop. Installed it but still the rubbing noise is there. Wanted to get back to the dealer but still doesnt have time to go there.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My dealer replaced the left and right hubs, l&r steering knuckles and replace both rotors. Haven't had the noise since and it was covered by warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts