Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2008 caliber is having acceleration issues. When you start getting up to 40mph, it'll feel like there's a 'pull back' or pressure in pedal when giving gas. So like a loss of power. It also has a rough idle. Just recently had an oil change and I changed out the engine air filter myself (not sure if that'll have anything to do with it) The check engine light came on not long after I changed the air filter. It was P0455 code. (emissions system) But after driving a while, it went back off. I mean this car has always been a bit slow and sluggish but I have never had a pull back like this. oh and just the other day I started the car and it had a awful vibration or I think it's call "engine hiccups" because it felt like that. I just turned the car back off and waited a little while and tried again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know this may sound silly but if the air filter has a plastic wrap over it did you remove it or was it just inside a cardboard box like a fram air filter?
No it didn't have a plastic wrap, just came in a cardboard box. But I did notice when I compared it to the old one, the length was slightly shorter. I'm just trusting the O'Rileys website when it said it's a perfect fit for the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
tjhe actual filter element might be short but the rubberized sealing ring should be the exact same, im not sure if having a leak or unsealed airbox before the MAF sensor would create an effect like running a K&N and fool with the MAF sensor and how its reading incoming air, i know if you have an air leak after the MAF it will create a problem as i forgot to close the one hose on my dodge stealth that comes in after the MAF sensor from the PCV but that is not your issue. the first part maybe but im not sure how sensitive these cars are to that. i know the wiring and TIPM SUCK HUGE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts