Dodge Caliber Forum banner
101 - 120 of 128 Posts

· Premium Member
10,257 Posts
ya, that totally made it shine up good... did you collect any dust on it yet?
No, it's not collecting any. I think so far so good, but it might have to be put on every so often by a guess right now.

· Super Moderator
12,668 Posts
We've had a month of actual sun and one side has faded noticeably (the other side is shaded when parked).

Will there be a difference using a dye like Forever Black if the trims have faded unevenly ?

· Premium Member
10,257 Posts
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but I've had good results with Mother's Back to Black... epically on that plastic piece on the bottom of the door window sills
I've used it, it doesn't hold a candle to other products out there.

· Registered
3,302 Posts
I've tried every product out there I could find over the last 30 years of detailing cars and trucks...and I will always be thanking Brad for finding the Forever Black product.. I have used it now for over a year...applying it once a year because of this Texas Sun beating down on it...it holds up better than anything I have ever used..( including back to black)...I have a couple bottles of that stuff ( back to black) in the garage never opened because it don't keep the trim black only for a month .....I'll use it when I detail someone elses car.

· Registered
3,302 Posts
I didn't notice it til I lifted up my hatch and seen the trim that don't see the sun. it was a rich black and made my exposed trim appear grayish... I've put two coats of that forever black on my trim since I got it a couple years ago.. I'll put another coat on this year..it's a once a year thing for me.. and when I lift up my hatch and look...the exposed trim was darker than other trim...so I had to do that too..it's worth every penny.. and I still have to thank Brad for telling us about it.. I had to look it up on the internet so I could find a place thats sells it.. still worth every penny.

· Registered
95 Posts
Yeah you would think it would be at more places. I lucked out and found a vendor in my city, but Google Maps says it's 18 minutes away... When it's probably 30 since that section of the road is under construction and is highly used.

Amazon has it (And I believe free shipping as well).

· Registered
22 Posts
Just did 3 coats of the forever black treatment a couple days ago, and am very pleased with the results. Attached is a before pic showing some of the faded black-to-gray trim with some mottling (this is even after a couple passes with the included FB cleaning solution), and a pic from a couple days after I laid down 3 coats. Like Prop1 said, I found that just using the applicator on the FB bottle, it is very easy to get streaking. What I found was that it was much better just to press down on the applicator until a nice pool of the FB was dispensed, then lightly work it around in a circular motion with a lightly damp (not wet!) polishing cloth. I didn't even use the attached applicator after noticing the streaking on the first coat.

I had dark limo tints done not too long ago, and afterwards the faded trim became very very obvious, but I'm very happy so far with the FB. Looks quite good. Now we'll see how long it lasts. I also picked up the FB tire gel, and I'd recommend that too. Overall, FB makes very nice products.

· Registered
288 Posts
Those look good m8.

on my '08 theres no fade yet. I use armor all weekly on it. Seems to do the trick quite well. :)

· The Organizer
15,141 Posts
Those look good m8.

on my '08 theres no fade yet. I use armor all weekly on it. Seems to do the trick quite well. :)
If you like putting it on every week. The Forever Black will last a minimum of a year. Much more cost and time effective.

· Registered
2,471 Posts
Any suggestions in how to clean the faded plastic trim?
There is another product on the market now
that is sold under the name "Wipe New",
I have used it on my 2 yr old Dodge Journey
and as long as you follow the directions to
the letter it makes the faded black look better
than when the DJ was new.

· Registered
2,471 Posts
Is that the one that Danny Coker from Counts Customs is advertising, Bigtsr?
I can't honestly say if that is what the Count
uses Charlie -I only know that it appears as
advertised.
I was out in a little rain tonite and it sheds
water like a ducks back - time will tell if
it lives up to its advertising.

· Registered
9,603 Posts
Where did you purchase that stuff, Big? I might like to get some for my 99 Grand Caravan. All the trim on it looks gray now and it is supposed to be black! LOL

101 - 120 of 128 Posts