Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased an 09 Caliber sxt used with 168000 kms. It runs fairly well except that when I put the pedal to floor I don’t seem to gain speed as quickly as when I have the gas pedal 1/2 to 2/3 depressed. Is this a sign of a failing trans? Is this what a cvt transmission does? I have read that wheel speed sensors can cause this and also trans speed sensor. The car has no codes. Thanks all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My guess is the ECU protecting CVT from disintegrating itself by limiting power sent to the wheels.
I was thinking that too. I read on another forum that it is programmed, because of the cvt, to run like that. It’s just weird that the most power is not at full throttle.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The throttle position sensor might need to be calibrated.

The usually requires a special code scanner.

There is supposedly a procedure to do that yourself without a scanner, but I don't know if those work.

·
Super Moderator
12,602 Posts
There is supposedly a procedure to do that yourself without a scanner, but I don't know if those work.
It does. It's in the knowledge base as 'the procedure'.

·
Registered
93 Posts
To fix the Dodge Caliber throttle motor, you turn the vehicle on but do not start the engine. The accelerator pedal is fully depressed for 10 seconds. At this stage, the test engine light will shift to blink slowly, signaling "Erasing ECU Memory." 8. Release the accelerator pedal and shut off the ignition switch. I'm sure the guide on here is better this is from Google.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts