Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so it seems a month ago my transmission started doing this jummpy thing and I had it looked in to. They said that normally there isnt anything we can do but get a new transmission. Really???? I was also told that if a tranny service was done at this point then sometimes it makes it worse. My car is only 5 years old this shouldn't be happening! Help!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Club :wavey:

Your post might get transfered to the proper thread and the members will read it.

Be patient, some might come to the forum later in the day ;)

Glad to meet you :)

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
OK so it seems a month ago my transmission started doing this jummpy thing and I had it looked in to. They said that normally there isnt anything we can do but get a new transmission. Really???? I was also told that if a tranny service was done at this point then sometimes it makes it worse. My car is only 5 years old this shouldn't be happening! Help!
If the dealer told you that; then they're STUPID. First thing they should have done is checked the fluid level. I'd find another dealer or a reputable independent shop to check it out. And no, changing the fluid may in fact make the issue go away.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
One other cause of CVT issues has been wiring to the transmission. As the CVT, like all modern automatic transmissions, is totally computer controlled, the wiring connections to it are critical. A few members had frayed and broken wires that were associated with the transmission. Every member was told by a dealer that they needed a new transmission to fix the problem. We, on this forum, helped a few folks trace the wiring and fix their problem. One member went back to the dealer that diagnosed the need for a new transmission, showed them what we told them to do - needless to say - several red-faced techs and service managers.

·
Registered
2007 Dodge Caliber
4 Posts
I am having the same issues, kind of a stutter while driving, and the transmission shop told me it was probably a engine issue ( misfire) but there are no lights on on my dash . I changed fluid, filters. Axle seals and the issues are still there . Any suggestions before I try TNT ?

·
Registered
205 Posts
You changed the CVT transmission fluid?

You, or the shop, read the ECU codes with an ODB reader? Were there any codes?

This sounds like a transmission issue.

·
Registered
2007 Dodge Caliber
4 Posts
You changed the CVT transmission fluid?

You, or the shop, read the ECU codes with an ODB reader? Were there any codes?

This sounds like a transmission issue.
I changed the fluid then took it to the shop to verify the correct amount of Chrysler CTV for +4 fluid was in it . The code I am getting is c0300 ( fuel rail pressure sensor) . Could it also be the oxygen 2 sensor?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Mass Air Flow sensor (MAF) dirty/bad?

Fuel pump failing?
Fuel pump intake screen clogged?
Fuel pump relay failing?

Flux capacitor... fluxing?

Ignore the idea of bad 0² sensors untill you can watch both their readings in real-time.

·
Registered
2007 Dodge Caliber
4 Posts
Mass Air Flow sensor (MAF) dirty/bad?

Fuel pump failing?
Fuel pump intake screen clogged?
Fuel pump relay failing?

Flux capacitor... fluxing?

Ignore the idea of bad 0² sensors untill you can watch both their readings in real-time.
Changed maf
Changed fuel pump
Flux capacitor I sold to Doc Brown for his Delirean
I was thinking maybe TNT and fix it for good lol

·
Registered
2007 Dodge Caliber
4 Posts
Changed maf
Changed fuel pump
Flux capacitor I sold to Doc Brown for his Delirean
I was thinking maybe TNT and fix it for good lol
I just went to monkey with my car and discovered the TCM is loose . Could that be my problem with the transmission stuttering?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts