Dodge Caliber Forum banner

Transmission Fluid Overheat

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Excaliber07 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
So, I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT and it does have high miles, 205,000. just last summer the transmission fluid overheat light came on in the panel. This would typically happen on very hot days and when I drove over 60 mph or on long drives. Basically as i'm driving the transmission just gradually slows and the car literally stops so I have to pull over off the road and usually wait about 15 minutes or so and it will cool then I can start driving again. On a 5 hour trip I had to pull over about 6 times. Note, that the engine is not overheating just the transmission fluid. I know the manual says it's good for lifetime but I'm thinking with the high miles I need to replace the tranny fluid and the filter.
Has anyone else had this problem and can you tell me what you did to successfully fix it?
thanks!
Mike

#2 ·
Your best bet is to take it to the dealer to inspect it, a fluid change could be the simple fix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.