Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Reaching out to try to find a fix to these issues. 2011 Dodge Caliber Mainstreet with an intermittent TC problem. C1000, brake pedal switch replaced, a bit of oil above the brake pedal. Assuming an issue with the master cylinder? C1020, RL wheel speed sensor circuit, I have replaced all 4 wheel speed sensors. C1028 RR wheel speed sensor, replaced as noted above. C1035, Right ear wheel speed comparative Performance and C1032, RR wheel speed sensor signal. My mechanic checked all connections of the wheel sensors and replaced the RR wheel sensor that I installed. Said it did not have current going through it. All codes went away after replacing that one. Though, a week later the TC light came back on and no cruise control. shut off the car and re start it, the TC light goes out, cruise returns. No braking issues or performance problems. Could the ABS module cause an intermittent issue as noted above. The wheel bearings have also been checked and found to be in good shape. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you checked the wheel bearings did you check the condition of the magnetic tone rings on them? If one of those is damaged that can cause issues with ABS/stability control, and I would think that would prevent cruise from working.
Yes, my mechanic checked all of them and found them to be in good shape. My mechanic has a regular job at Firestone store, as a master mechanic. He does side jobs after work and weekends. So, the 1st attempt was replacing the wheel sensor. This week in addition to the TC light intermittently, we now have the brake light on the dash as an intermittent steady light with beeping. Sometimes both lights together. The emergency brake has not been pulled up, so the light should not be on. This happens when she is just driving, not braking. I don't have a clue, I just wish he would throw an ABS module in it and hope it works. If that doesn't work, replace the master brake cylinder, it leaks oil on the brake light switch attached to the brake pedal. Hopefully, the demons will go away.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's the link to the thread I mentioned, which includes a link to my video:

I just checked the wiring diagram and that grounding point is used by both the ABS module as well as the brake fluid level sensor, so I really think that's your problem.
Here's the link to the thread I mentioned, which includes a link to my video:

I just checked the wiring diagram and that grounding point is used by both the ABS module as well as the brake fluid level sensor, so I really think that's your problem.
Thanks Chrisf2012, I found the ground post and wiggled it to see if it is loose. I haven't had an opportunity to remove the sheathing to check it out though. My wife tells me that the TC light went out for the most part. The brake light stays on steady now. The backlight for the radio is now on and the idiot light for the airbags went out as well. Hopefully, later today I can look at it more thoroughly. I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update; Traction control & ABS lights went out, cruise is working. New problems, Brake light on dash is steady on. In other threads, it is suggested that the switch for the E brake is corroded. I removed the E brake handle, wire brushed the switch. Put it back together and the brake light on dash is still glowing. I cleaned and inspected the ground wires, posts by the battery and washer fluid/anti freeze reservoirs. All looked intact, no corrosion. Hooked up battery, still solid glow of E brake light on dash. Tomorrow I will replace the switch above the brake pedal for the heck of it. Other than that, tape over the E brake light on dash. Also, new problem, right turn signal flashes fast when steering column switch is activated. Replaced the bulbs, still same issue. Put the 4 ways on, they all flash normal. This condition would inticate a bad ground? Just haven't located it yet. Anyone have anymore suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts