Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
When you checked the wheel bearings did you check the condition of the magnetic tone rings on them? If one of those is damaged that can cause issues with ABS/stability control, and I would think that would prevent cruise from working.

·
Registered
860 Posts
The brake light coming on intermittently points strongly towards a ground issue. There's a major grounding point behind the passenger side headlight, down on the body a bit, in front of the fluid reservoirs. ~8 different circuits get their ground there. Check that ground for corroded wiring and repair as necessary. There's a recent thread here on the forum about this and I have a video on YT about this very ground point.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Here's the link to the thread I mentioned, which includes a link to my video:

I just checked the wiring diagram and that grounding point is used by both the ABS module as well as the brake fluid level sensor, so I really think that's your problem.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Brake fluid level is low, brake fluid level sensor is bad, or the ground I previously mentioned is still bad (just taking off the eyelet and cleaning the ground stud does NOT solve that problem)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts