Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
pushed it to 117 (day time) here in tempe, az. took a while though. id say mile and a half.
i am surprised the car didn't do that safety shut down ****.

·
Registered
41 Posts
:shakehead:i hit 111 but then the governor hit and it just stayed there. that makes me sad!!:shakehead:

·
Registered
821 Posts
By road I really hope you all mean track. Driving at those speeds on public roads is BEYOND STUPID!
well then call me stupid but i got mine to peg out the speedometer (120)and was still pulling as if it had more to give I slowed down cause i saw a cop ahead of me

·
Registered
381 Posts
Mine seems to govern out at 120mph... have had it there serveral times ON A PUBLIC ROAD - does that make me stupid too? :p I usually just keep it around 80mph or so though to keep better gas milage. I was hitting 155mph on a regular basis with my last car when I sold it... miss that at times, but love my Cali.

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
I haven't had mine above 90 mph. YET!!! The wife gets pissy if I push it above 80. She says I need to grow up. I DON'T WANT TO! I'm only 51.

·
Banned
2,051 Posts
Women always get scared above 70 for some reason. Have them drive it over 90, kind of rids 'em of the fear. All you have to do is have the bug bite them right fast and she'll be hooked.

X
haha so true... as long as youre 100% sure you have enough road to pull of this manouvre go ahead... but also dont cry if you get caught. i know you guys are talking autobahn and well.. wyoming etc. so i know you guys are doing well to protect the public.... just watch out for the wildlife too.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I took my car up to 180 kph or 112 mph. It was in a provincial park here. It was a 4 lane straight away with no one around for about 2kms. I couldn't seem to get it past 180 kph and I was running out of room on the road so I slowed down.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I am driving on the autobahn, and to be honest, I have to keep to the center lane with my weak 120mph (193kmh). In the open areas, the left lane is pretty much dominated by the 200kmh+ crowd.

·
Registered
355 Posts
with everybody going 100mph+ would anybody suggest a good police detector 1 thats got sensors in front and back bumpers

G

·
0 Posts
I've hit 130 mph with ease.

And yes, it is stupid because you don't have any control over the environment you're driving in, not so much about being able to control your car...but it is fun.

I can tell you I've already gone way too fast around some corners that I didn't expect to have some nasty bumps in them. Let me tell you, that is not fun at all.

·
Banned
2,051 Posts
with everybody going 100mph+ would anybody suggest a good police detector 1 thats got sensors in front and back bumpers
cobra makes the best detectors out there... but check the state laws.. some states are illegal and some are not.... i used to carry 2 detectors at a time at one point so when i get busted by the man... i just gave em my old and busted one... kept the new one in the truck.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts