Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon CF,

I'm installing a sound system in my Caliber in a couple of weeks, and I want to make sure it's concealed. I've already installed tint (5% in the rear should keep it from the casual glance) but I was wondering if there was a hard cover I can place over the the beams that are at seat-back height? I found the part number from Mopar for a rolling cover, but I would like a hard piece that I can put a little bit of weight on. Does this exist, or should I look into doing it myself with some plywood, dowels, and speaker box carpet?

Also, while I'm bringing it up, has anybody found any good sub boxes for this model? My buddy and I were planning on making a weekend of it, and probably building the box ourselves, but if there's a custom fit, right out of the box (no pun intended), I'm willing to invest. Looking to make it somewhat easy to remove in case I need the extra space.

Just had an idea while typing out this thread. Has anybody on here ever made a sub box that mounts to the same points that the tonneau cover snaps into? If ported correctly it should FILL the cabin with bass, make it easily removable, provide amp mounting points, conceal the entire system, and still allow access to the spare tire and floor of the cargo area. Thoughts?

-RDI

·
Super Moderator
12,256 Posts
I was wondering if there was a hard cover I can place over the the beams that are at seat-back height?

if there's a custom fit, right out of the box (no pun intended), I'm willing to invest.
Never seen any such shelf ready made.

Sub box was made by JL similar to OEM for the cubby.

JL Audio Stealthbox®
Custom-fit fiberglass enclosure with 10" W1v2 subwoofer
Fits 2007-up Dodge Caliber

Item #: 13694324 Original Price: $549.99

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I'll build a custom box. Should be ready to do it next month, I'll post pictures and keep the plans if anybody else wants to give it a go

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That enclosure is a little... small for what I'm installing. My friend and I just wired up new 6x9's to all 4 doors, an amp, head unit, and should have the subs installed tomorrow. Detailed installation with pics will be posted should be posted by the end of the week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts