Dodge Caliber Forum banner
3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  stratoulyj 
#1 ·
So I got my caliber r/t about a year ago and as soon as cold weather hit I had starting issues. The issue was a long crank and the first shop said it was a wiring issue to the computer. The car got brought to the local dodge dealer and they said it was just a battery. While all of that was happening I had throttle response issues and severe transmission whining ( no check engine lights or anything where on and no DTC`s). So after the new battery was put in, the car started fine but, once again since it's getting cold, the car is struggling to start. The other two issues are also still happening with no dtc`s or check engine light. any ideas on what might be wrong?

#2 ·
Turn the ignition on for for 15 seconds before cranking. If that cures the long crank; then you likely have a fuel pump issue. On the CVT issue; have the fluid level checked.

#3 ·
When your cali was in at the garage did they check fuse box.
Why i am asking is,i lost all three tail lights so had no brake lights.
Found out it was a faulty fuse box.

3 concerns of mine.

1.£1200 for the TIPM
2.It is a superseded TIPM
3.Its back order from factory,so no date of when it will be sent.

I was initially quoted £392 for the TIPM,workshop gave old part number which isnt in circulation anymore.

So word of advice,get your garage to rule out fuse box if anything else

#4 ·
sorry i couldnt reply sooner. unfortunately i have realized the car has a fuel pressure issue when it is cold out. Somehow when the dealer checked the pressure, and supposedly left the gauge on all night, the pressure didn't drop. i have a hard time believing they left it on like i told them to since it all leads the fuel pressure. ive partly confirmed this theory by turning the key to the on position, without cranking, a few times while it is cold, and wouldn't you know it started right up. something tells me the dealer was just fed up with me due to my demands/ high expectations, from currently being in school to be a tech. hopefully, before my warranty expires, i can get the right adapter for the pressure gauge and test it myself. as for the throttle response, it is also still happening as well as a few other occasional power issues. I believe the first dealer, a Mitsubishi dealer, was correct in saying it has either bad power control from the computer or a bad computer but unfortunately the dodge dealer across the street somehow tested the battery and it failed... makes no sense when i have tested it with a VAT multiple times and the Mitsubishi dealer did the same and the battery passed. Something tells me the Dodge dealers near me are just trying to avoid all possible warranty work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.