Dodge Caliber Forum banner

Timing Chain Problem

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  9916262108 
#1 ·
Hey guys hope you can help me out, I've got a 2007 Caliber SXT, recently when I'm driving it the car runs fine till I stop at a stop sign, traffic light or slow down to under 10km/hr then the engine shuts off and I've to restart. Mechanic first said he suspected cam sensors but now he's sure it's a timing chain and there might be a transmission problem.
Has anyone have had a problem like this, any idea what may be causing it?

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
When's the last time you did a tune up? I'd suggest a good throttle body cleaning and then try some Techron fuel injector cleaner first. I also suggest you find a new mechanic. I've been fooling with cars for over 40 years and have never heard such nonsense as that.

#3 ·
sounds like egr (exhaust gas recirculation) is stuck open causing a vacuume leak if you have a basic scan tool plug it in and go to look at your fuel trims and you'll want to see a positive number some where between 15 or more on bank 1 or 2 and when your coming down to a stop you Wana look for a rapid spike in the numbers indicating a stuck open egr.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.