Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!
My 07 SXT has reached the 75,000 mile mark and the OEM suspension is suffering. With a slight jerk of the steering wheel the body rolls for 3 seconds! The solution should be easy enough - Replace the struts and springs. I expect I will lower the car 1" or so as this is a daily driver and not a street racer, so the Eibach Pro-Kit should be fine.
I have searched the internet for replacement struts and all I have found are KYB GR-2. I have used KYB gas-adjust in the past with good success, but these are the OEM replacement GR-2. Does anybody know if there are performance struts designed for our Calibers that offer better handling and response over OEM?
I have no desire to install an air or coilover system. Again, this is a daily driver, not a racer.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!! :worshippy::worshippy::worshippy::worshippy::worshippy::worshippy::worshippy::worshippy::worshippy:

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
I'd just go back with the stock Mopar struts and install a strut brace under the hood. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These cars were built with parts from the lowest bidder sometimes sacrificing quality in favor of cost. I don't often trust OEM parts, however, Mopar Racing parts are designed for a different market segment and generally use specifically designed parts with better quality control.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
You cant go wrong with KYB

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@RedCali - THANK YOU! Real life user experience is what I am looking for. Did you notice any improvement with the KYB over new OEM, or would you say KYB are direct OEM replacements?

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
I believe KYB makes the OEM ones, but I'd go with the KYB branded ones.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
@RedCali - THANK YOU! Real life user experience is what I am looking for. Did you notice any improvement with the KYB over new OEM, or would you say KYB are direct OEM replacements?
Well of course with the springs the ride is a liitle stiffer, but feels great in corners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts