Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, yesterday my etc light comes on and I cannot get over 20 mph and 10 on a hill.
So i took it to a dealrship ( only one in my town ). I told them the etc is bad. But they run test and tell me its not the etc but the trottle is sticking and needs cleaning. I felt down there and is kinda sticking. But i dunno.

Let me know what you think, 2008 cali sxt 2.0l

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Do a reset of the TIPM by disconnecting both battery cables and holding them together for ten minutes. And clean the throttle body yourself. No need to pay the dealer to do what you can do yourself. How many miles do you have on your Caliber? Maybe a catcon problem.

·
Super Moderator
12,339 Posts
If your pedal is sticking check the mounting bolt.

We have a thread on an issue with it.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
So, yesterday my etc light comes on and I cannot get over 20 mph and 10 on a hill.
So i took it to a dealrship ( only one in my town ). I told them the etc is bad. But they run test and tell me its not the etc but the trottle is sticking and needs cleaning. I felt down there and is kinda sticking. But i dunno.

Let me know what you think, 2008 cali sxt 2.0l
They're probably referring to the butterfly valve in the throttle body.
You might want to get a can of throttle body cleaner, follow the instructions on the can and see if that clears up your problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Electronic Throttle control

How does one get to the TB , exactly what has to be disconnected to get to the throttle body. This issue came on to me today as well.The car was running fine but I've had a check engine light for a while.Had the computer read today and codes P000A and P000B came up, CPS slow response , yet the car ran OK. I disconnected the battery and do the above and it did not clear the Check light and that is when the problem started. The problem seems to go away after sitting but if I drive it it suddenly does it thing and 10 MPH ia all I can get floored.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Pull the breather hose off of the air filter box
Loosen the clamp fort the main intake tube, slip the tube off the box.
Pull straight up on the filter box and remove it to give yourself some room.
Unplug the cable from the IAT sensor.
Follow the intake tube down to the point where it is clamped to the throttle body.
Loosen the clamp, remove the intake tube and you are there.
Follow the instructions on the can of cleaner and clean the throttle plate (butterfly valve) area.
While you are at it, take a look at the electrical connector that plugs into the throttle body actuator unit.
When finished cleaning, reverse the disassembly procedure to put it back together.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks DKazoroski I will give it a try. Wish it was not dark I'd go do it now. I have a court date so have appt with dealer. I thought it might be something as simple as this. Thanks again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just changed my throttle body and i did the turn the key on and gas pedal for 10 secs and it still come on. It only happens when i start it in the morning or when the engine hasnt been running

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is the throttle body plug and play or do they need coding in after fitting new one ?
It's plug n play. After having the car off for like 4-5hr I have to let the car warm up so it won't rev up by itself when I start it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
fitted replacement throttle body but revs still drop to 500 and stalls could this be a pcm problem ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts