Dodge Caliber Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
672AQ_20200705_163327.jpg

2008 R/T, AWD, CVT.

I feel odd vibrations, usually when accelerating in a turn. I'm thinking it's either the rear tires rubbing on the strut when fully extended, or it may be the rear gearbox (maybe low oil or something).

I do also have a bad squeak in cold weather - original bushings need replacing.

I have the front & rear swaybars removed. It makes for better climbing over things, and I can better identify which wheel may be having an issue.

Overall, I like the small lift. I've learned to climb sand dunes better, and the added lift makes it less likely to drag on things on the way up.

I still don't trust the scooter-style transmission, though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
...I still have the caliber but it's sitting on stock suspension again with srt4 coils...
.20, I',m preparing my caliber for a 24 Hours of Lemons road race this coming weekend and I'm curious about your suspension. Did you add the SRT4 coil springs along with the SRT4 struts and / or swaybars? How much lower do the SRT4 springs make the car? Was the ride much stiffer. Since this is a dedicated race car, I want it low and firm.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
.20, I',m preparing my caliber for a 24 Hours of Lemons road race this coming weekend and I'm curious about your suspension. Did you add the SRT4 coil springs along with the SRT4 struts and / or swaybars? How much lower do the SRT4 springs make the car? Was the ride much stiffer. Since this is a dedicated race car, I want it low and firm.

I have stock struts. The springs lowered the car by about an inch. They are definitely an upgrade from stock coils.

I also have an srt4 rear sway bar. The front stock sxt swaybar is the same part number as the srt4.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have stock struts. The springs lowered the car by about an inch. They are definitely an upgrade from stock coils.

I also have an srt4 rear sway bar. The front stock sxt swaybar is the same part number as the srt4.
Do you have the part numbers on the springs? Did you buy them new?

·
Super Moderator
12,139 Posts
Good luck John - for the race, Seems like an opportunity for a thread write-up. Did you have to search for a $500 Caliber?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good luck John - for the race, Seems like an opportunity for a thread write-up. Did you have to search for a $500 Caliber?
Hi Aleks,

I could not find an R/T manual transmission car anywhere in California. I ended up having to buy a hail damaged one in Texas and had it shipped out here.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts