Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the size of the o right, inner dimension and thickness, that's goes on the engine block for where the thermostat assembly attaches too? Hopefully picture provided. (the one in the Pic is too thick)

·
Registered
317 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And that will fit on an 07 sxt? I'm pretty new at this whole auto repair thing lolol
Also, the main reason I was asking about the O-Ring is because I have a huge selection of o-rings at my work, in various sizes and thickness. Kinda hoping I can just grab one here lol

·
Registered
317 Posts
And that will fit on an 07 sxt? I'm pretty new at this whole auto repair thing lolol
It fit on my 07 RT, it should fit on yours too.

My caliber is a dedicated track car, so I really needed the extra cooling. While the base coolant adapter is not great, it may not be worth stepping up the SRT-4 version if you don't have any overheating issues.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure if I still have overheating issues or not. I just swapped the cylinder head and was in the process of putting everything together, when all the coolant started pouring out everywhere. Ended up snapping one of the thermostat housing bolts trying to get it to stop, and that's when I noticed the assembly hadn't fit on cause the oring was too big lol

This car has been nothing but trouble since day one lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I completely forgot about measuring that. I got distracted because one of the other ports (the one the gasket goes onto the thermostat housing) was slightly... Melted? Lol
Even with a new gasket, it still leaked everywhere, so I had to load it up with rtv/silicone.
But Good news! I managed to get a hold of an srt4 thermostat housing, so when I tear it apart.... Again... I'll get those measurements for you lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@John Galt
So it didn't technically fit, because of that oil cooler. Kept getting in the transmissions way. But hopefully what I did works, and it fits now lolol

I didn't remember what measurements you needed, so I did a bunch

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.