Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s not Autumn. Not even close to Halloween (even though Hobby Lobby is already putting out xmas crap).

What am I doing with a rake?:

I ended up removing the lift kit from the front suspension because I think it causes more problems than it’s worth.

Failing wheel bearings, noisy/vibrating CV joints, mysterious alignment issues, bad ball joints,

No more Prius climbing events for a while.

I’ve had no issues with the rear suspension. I’m still working on lowering the gearbox, as soon as I can find the right sized bolts.

Larger tires are coming, too. I have 235/65R16 on now. Looking at 305/70R16. A 2¾" ride height gain will put the front clearance higher than it was with the lift, and give an almost 5" total lift on the back. I know I’ll have to move offsets and cut fenders for the wheels...

The real insanity will show up when I decide to mate the Caliber body onto a Chevy K5 Blazer frame (104" wheelbase).

Until then, I hate the raked look. Other people I’ve talked to say they like it. I hate it - we’re not living in the 70's.

What say you?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow; vortex generators installed facing the correct direction... I never thought I’d see it in my lifetime. 😆

1 - 4 of 4 Posts