Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Banned
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can get to everyone. I'm positive of that fact.

Professional courtesies, whether believed or not, are real. Sometimes for good, sometimes for bad. It can bring back the good ol boy attitude, or it is just what it says it is- professional courtesy.

I try to cut soldiers a break on petty things, like running a stop sign. There's no sense dragging them to court (because they for some reason insist on pleading guilty that day and not pre-paying the offense), and their supervisors having to be there too.

But if you're underage and you have alcohol, as well as underagers even younger than 16, or you're driving drunk, I'm sorry. I don't have much choice in my opinion. You were dead wrong. But fortunately not literally because I stopped that.

As a victim of a "depressed" coastie that had a BAC (by blood withdrawal) of .22 and plowed the marked cruiser at 45mph that I was stationary in at the light; my tolerance of DUIs is < 0.

...getting off the subject...

a year and a half deployment to the sandbox must be hell. The poor girl had an exemplary driving record for her age. (early 20s)

I think it's one of the few traffic stops I've done where I've been the one to say "Thank you", and insisted she come back to us safe.

And it's not just military, if I can genuinely tell you're having a bad day once I speak to you, and you're cooperative I rarely have a problem with givin a free pass.

as many of you already know, and some that don't- not all cops are power hungry pricks. But it IS the power that can help you out too.

· Registered
1,930 Posts
Hey Cory

That is cool to know, sneak peek into the mind of an enforcer of the LAW.

Too much stress is not good, but we do need some, like in our tires for instance, if they were not stressed we would be driving on the rims.

Too much and POP

· Registered
1,641 Posts
Thanx Cory

Its nice to hear theres people out there who understand the pressure we get after we leave the sandbox. You are looking at

1. driving on normal roads after driving in the sand, paths or round camp at 20 kph
2. trying to get involved with the family after having them cope without you
3. trying to juggle time between friend, relatives and family when they all want to hear how its been
4. trying to get your kids to understand that ive been away just for them to have a roof over their heads, food to eat, and clothes to wear.
5. trying to live a normal life in a normal environment
......................and all sorts

The only thing i despise is other servicemen/women who go over the top and think that they can get away with murder just because they are serving their country.

Thanx again Cory

· Registered
344 Posts
.22?? Man, that's impressive in some circles!! I can't agree with you more though, I was raised being told always tell the truth, and that's what LEO's want to hear....the truth. We don't like hearing that you pay our salaries, or that you know councilmen, because it infuriates us to no end.

On the other side of the coin, a friend of mine returned home shortly before Christmas from over there. His adjustment to life, his wife and kids, has been not the best. Fortunately his driving skills are intact! I always remember that who I'm dealing with has the same problems I do, if not, worse. Sometimes the most careful driver can have a moment where they space out and forget what the speed limit is.

Strangely enough, when it comes to PC, I was clocked by a Maine State Trooper for 92 in a 65. This was the first year my Caliber and I were on vacation, and I didn't realize how fast I was going because it was so smooth. He was outside of his vehicle handing a summons to some other poor driver, and saw me.....then got me. He asked for license, noticed my PD jacket in the backseat and asked for my credentials. Went back to his car and came back with a ticket.

I keep a copy of that summons in my glove compartment now.

· Registered
9,603 Posts
Not only do I appreciate the job our military personnel does, but I appreciate the job the law enforcement officers do also. If I get stopped, then I know I'm doing something I shouldn't be doing. The police officers are just doing their jobs. I'm friends with several officers where I live and none of them are pricks. They just do their jobs and do the best they can. Cory, I thank you and all of your fellow officers for what you do. You guys don't get paid nearly enough for the crap you have to put up with.

· Registered
656 Posts
I do like to speed a little at times, but I'm always safe. When I do get pulled over every few years, I'm always polite with no BS because I know it was my choice, it's the law and they're doing their job. I does slow me down for a couple years, since speed is expensive (I consider it a speed tax).

· Registered
656 Posts
It is; fortunately, the interstate speeds are 75 mph here so I get to set the cruise to 83 w/o anyone caring. My wife likes to travel at 90-95 and got popped last year. I did get pulled over last month, but he let me go with a warning and I've been watching it closer. I also find that as I get older, the need for speed is attenuated a little - helps the pocketbook.

· Registered
3,302 Posts
A friend of mine was test driving a porche 911 turbo about 10 years ago.. he was on a back road driving and smilling getting it up to and a little past 160 mph....but he was just checking out the over all condition of the used car....he dropped it down to a slower speed...but he did notice way, way, way, back behind him was the blue and red lights.... so he pulled over and waited for the ticket... you can't talk your way out of one of these speeding tickets... but ....at the time he was caught he was only doing 95 mph....what a lucky man he was..... " thanks officer"...oh and by the way....that incident sort of detered his need to by the porche...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.