Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone noticed the Caliber's horn is extremely wimpy? My much smaller Stratus had a much more beefier horn to it, almost identical to the ram. Is there a way I can modify the sound of the current horn? Or Do i need to replace this one with a aftermarket one? Also, where is the horn at in the car anyhow?

Edit: According to goggling it, the horn is 6-8 in below the driver side (US) headlight.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
The horn is in the front fender, driver side.

You can see it here as the little black round thing right under the headlight:

You could put some kind of resonance chamber around it to alter the sound but that would be illegal in most areas. You might as well just change it to a different one.

One weird thing is that the factory horn faces the frame )inward) rather than blowing out towards the front.

Maybe just remounting the horn to face forward could make it louder.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not really aiming for louder... More or less deeper. You didn't go and take your car apart to show me this did you? haha

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
No. It's a file photo for when I did my headlights.

·
Registered
513 Posts
My horn crapped out before and had the dealership replace it while still under warranty. I'm pretty sure to access it they didn't have to take apart half the car though.....

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
I did mention that photo was part of a headlight job.

You can access the horn by (optionally) removing the front left (driver's) wheel and wheel well liner.

·
Registered
513 Posts
ok thanks for the tp. how hard is it to remove the wheel well liner?

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
It's in the service manual.

Too lazy? Here's a small booklet I had prepared for the headlight job. The first page is how to remove the wheel well.

It's straight-forward.

·
Registered
513 Posts
thanks for the info!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hahaha I agree with the horn sounding kinda sad. But you should hear my dads F-150 his horn sounds like a joke. Not anything like a truck should sound. If you find aftermarket horns make sure you share em. :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
I think I will just have to install an aftermarket air horn, the Caliber horn is so weak.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
No I don't, but I have a shipping address in the USA I can use to ship to and pick it up. How hard is it to install I wonder?

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
I like the caliber horn.....you ever hear the old school Volkswagen beetle horn ??? it's my other vehicle.... it goes Meep meep....talk about a whimpy horn...

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
No I don't, but I have a shipping address in the USA I can use to ship to and pick it up. How hard is it to install I wonder?
The only problem you may have is with the TIPM. It may require using a relay to make it happy.

·
Registered
513 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
TIPM??? what is that?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts