Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugh that little red lightning bolt in parentheses... or the electronic throttle light... what exactly does it mean? for me it's signals power loss it won't get up and go like it supposed to from a dead stop also if I'm just running it in park that light will come on blink and then my car will start sputtering like it's about to run out of gas sometimes it has been known on occasion to actually die but then once it gets over a certain temperature the engine I don't have that problem anymore unless of course I run my heater Diagnostics told me basically bad my O2 sensors are gone out or need replacing or are clogged and I also got a reading it said my air filter there was a clogged in it the mechanic looks at me like I'm stupid but obviously I do a little bit of research on something I don't just take it to him and say it's broke fix it no no no no not if I'm spending my money especially I'm just asking questions

·
Registered
2008 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0
29 Posts
Have you pulled any codes from the car?? Also from what I've read hear and all over the forum, it could very well be that your throttle body needs replacing. Which if its not cold as hell seems like an easy enough procedure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ugh that little red lightning bolt in parentheses... or the electronic throttle light... what exactly does it mean? for me it's signals power loss it won't get up and go like it supposed to from a dead stop also if I'm just running it in park that light will come on blink and then my car will start sputtering like it's about to run out of gas sometimes it has been known on occasion to actually die but then once it gets over a certain temperature the engine I don't have that problem anymore unless of course I run my heater Diagnostics told me basically bad my O2 sensors are gone out or need replacing or are clogged and I also got a reading it said my air filter there was a clogged in it the mechanic looks at me like I'm stupid but obviously I do a little bit of research on something I don't just take it to him and say it's broke fix it no no no no not if I'm spending my money especially I'm just asking questions
I had that same Issue on my 2007 Caliber SXT what was help to me and will be to everybody to know what is going on is to buy a very good OBD II scanner you can't go wrong knowing what you don't know. So i hook up my OBD 2 scanner and it got me the code to the problem it was the throttle body. So I order one off Amazon after reading the reviews.The best one I bought was from a company call MNJWS i don't know what all those letter mean but the throttle body fix my Issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have you pulled any codes from the car?? Also from what I've read hear and all over the forum, it could very well be that your throttle body needs replacing. Which if its not cold as hell seems like an easy enough procedure.
Mind from pulling the codes was the throttle body Every body should have or buy a reader lets stop guessing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you have an apple phone, buy a WIFI adapter for base OBD2 readings. Android, bluetooth reader works better. These can be had for less than $15 online. You can find free apps to pair with them as well. Forum needs codes to give more specific answers. It sounds like you have more than one code being thrown. After thats figured out proceed as follows. Like Mechanic Mike said, it's most likely the throttle body has gone. Theres plastic gears inside that can break. A new throttle will have to be programmed after installation. O2 sensors are fairly easy to replace yourself, just get the right socket. Air filter is a plug'n'play piece, just clean out the debris from the housing first. Housing will pop right out with a tug, after popping it open.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks Technical for the plug. Okay I wanna say this when I had the red lighting bolt on my dash and as I said I got out my OBD 2 code reader and the code pointed to the throttle body.Now In some/ most cases you might have to have the throttle body program I didn't have to I install the throttle body and whatever communication between the computer and throttle body that took place solve my Issue.Now what help me choose to go with MNJWS part& accessories for a throttle body was some of the reviews I read on Amazon about their throttle body Is their Is a simple plug& play no programming need so I took that chance and order one off Amazon,I Install It and It did what some of the review say It would do. I hope this Info can be of help to someone because we ALL need and depend on are cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts