1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
That's all over the news here. I think i would have given her the juice sooner than the Policeman did.

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
I think a swift right hook to the chin would have been more efficient and less violent. I'd hate to be a police officer nowadays. No matter how you handle a situation, the ACLU is liable to be all over your butt. I have the utmost respect and admiration for all of our law enforcement officers. It's a thankless job. Nobody ever wants a cop around until they need one and then the complain that there's never one around. They just can't win.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
No disrespect but when I see this kind of thing I can only think about the lack of formation law officiers get in terms of people control.

For all I care, a nicely done armlock is worth ten taser discharges and rather than buzzing (and further pissing off) the target, you actually can control the situation. It's the Aikibudoka in me talking. Coincidentally, we have two new recrute, police officers, in our Aikibudo class. They're loving it so far.

On a more cynical note, tasering probably contributed to stiffening the granny's muscles and thus keeping her diaper clean. Can't take chances with that.

·
Registered
540 Posts
That cop was wrong. The guy tased a 72 YO woman. WTF is wrong with him?
Actually, he would have been justified but for one thing. She offered to sign the ticket and get back in her truck. The officer HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO DE-ESCALATE THE SITUATION AT THAT POINT. He chose not to. He was pissed and he was going to get his revenge. And he did. The big man dropped an old lady. Wow, is he tough!!
No, i am not anti police. I have a number of family members in law enforcement. My godfather was a cop. The best man at my wedding was a cop. One of my groomsmen was a cop. My uncle was a cop. My brother in law is a cop. My nephew is a cop. But that cop was just wrong. She gave him the opportunity to de-escalate and regain control, and he didn't take it.

Police over use the taser. It is getting out of control. You hear it time and again from all across the country. I ask my family in LE if they thinks tasers are over used and THEY say yes, they are. Getting into an argument and using a taser on an old lady over a stupid traffic ticket is poor police work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts