Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for good black/ smoked tail lights. I like the look of the euro version but im not sure if they will fit the 08 rt american type. any suggestions on what to get?

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Get what you like and smoke them yourself.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
will the euro type with 3 holes work on mine?
They will work, but if you don't want an empty bulb hole; you'll need to do some rewiring to separate the brake and turn signal into 2 bulbs.

·
Super Moderator
12,089 Posts
There is no such thing as a European Caliber tail light.
VMaxx made one in Austria but that would work on all Calibers - just expensive.

They are saying Euro tail light styling

which means nothing except BMW/Daimler started mass use of LEDs and Halos before most others.

The ones you higlighted are the correct ones for you if you have flashing brake lights.
They are preconfigured I think for a double red brake/signal light.

They say so twice
This item comes with a socket that conects to the stock plug from the brake lamp to conect both lghts into separate brake light and turn signal
*This item comes with a socket that conects to the stock plug from the brake lamp to conect both lghts into separate brake light and turn signal**

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
thanks for the info. aleks: what do you mean by flashing brake lights?
The brake and turn are on one circuit. When the turn signal is activated the brake light flashes. You should check out CARiD.com for tails.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
carid only has the 3 hole. i was thinking of these because it comes with the addapter so there are no open holes.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
carid only has the 3 hole. i was thinking of these because it comes with the addapter so there are no open holes.
Just heed when the description includes "Great for off-road and show car applications". That means the lights are not street legal.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i realized that exact thing just a few minutes after my last post so i decided to temporarily keep it tinted like they have been. now unfortunately i have had a crack in my left light so i have to replace it due to the fact its spreading from this New England weather...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts