Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driver's side tail light:

Splice brown wire from new socket to white/purple wire from factory socket.

Splice black wire from new socket to black/green wire from factory socket.

Splice yellow wire from new socket to green/brown wire from factory socket.

Passenger side tail light:

Splice black wire from new socket to black/yellow wire from factory socket.

Splice brown wire from new socket to white/black wire from factory socket.

Splice yellow wire from new socket to white/yellow wire from factory socket.

Make sure you put your new socket into the top hole on the new light, or the light WILL NOT go into place on the vehicle.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-Tail-Light-Socket/_/N-8ijbt?counter=4&filterByKeyWord=light+socket&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=216051_0_0_

I got my socket from Autozone, DuraLast socket, part number 341.

Hope this helps clear up some questions and issues with the owners wanting to swap lights, but not having the amber turn signal in the back.

Reactions: LYC79 and Francois

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
so this does also work if i'm wan't to change to amber bulb on stock tails if i don't have them right?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so this does also work if i'm wan't to change to amber bulb on stock tails if i don't have them right?
Kinda. When you wire the second socket onto the first one, both bulbs with flash with the turn signal. I'm sure there is some way to install a relay that would only cause one bulb to flash, but you'd have to ask somebody that's better at wiring than I am. This was all guess work with a test light.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
So its possible to get the Black led tails and use the amber bulbs?
arent the brake lights and blinker likes the same bulbs or are there 2 separate bulb?

sorry if i dont make sense, i just want to get the led tails and use all the wholes

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
i want them too...
;)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So its possible to get the Black led tails and use the amber bulbs?
arent the brake lights and blinker likes the same bulbs or are there 2 separate bulb?

sorry if i dont make sense, i just want to get the led tails and use all the wholes

On the 2007 models, there are three bulbs per tail light, one brake light, one turn signal light(amber), and one reverse light. On the 2008+ models, there are only two bulbs. One bulb is both the brake and turn signal light, and the other is the reverse light. No amber bulbs. If you splice another socket onto the brake/turn signal wiring from the factory, you will in turn have two bulbs that are both brake/turn signals. As far as I know, there is no way to create a dedicated turn signal on the newer models unless you run the wires from the under hood fuse box turn signal relay, but that seems a little overkill for me.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
i guess im best off splicing the reverse light and having 2 of them

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
so its more or less like mine
;)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i guess im best off splicing the reverse light and having 2 of them
I love having two brake/turn signals. It creates a lot more visibility behind the car, especially at night.

·
Registered
356 Posts
But you dont have fog lights then ? and also will this work on my 07 ? is is same wiring ?

i had 3 bulbs but i havent connected the fog light. i would like to have double rear lights as well.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
But you dont have fog lights then ? and also will this work on my 07 ? is is same wiring ?

i had 3 bulbs but i havent connected the fog light. i would like to have double rear lights as well.
None of the North American tail lights has rear fog lights. Unlike in Europe this is no mandatory.

·
Super Moderator
12,112 Posts
We only need one, on Driver's side (red bulb in reverse slot).
Passenger side can have a single reverse light.

Look at a VW Polo for arrangement.

·
Registered
356 Posts
i tried hooking it up so i got double lights in rear.

i got both to blink, but then both also blinked when i hit the brake :(

·
Registered
356 Posts
Here you can see the cables on in my rear lights, cant get both of the lights to work. i really want double rear driving and turn signals.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i tried hooking it up so i got double lights in rear.

i got both to blink, but then both also blinked when i hit the brake :(
I wish I could help you more, but i'm not familiar with the euro-spec wiring. Maybe Kimbo or Aleks can help you out more.

·
Super Moderator
12,112 Posts
Double lights in rear ??

I understand you want double tail lights like Frank

He has written that up with bridged feeds.

I also think you want double rear blinkers ?

So you have an amber indicator and you want the fog section to blink red ?

Does not make sense to me but to get your brake circuit to blink is a North American version which would need reprogramming your TIPM.

If you have a MY07 then it does not have that feature.

If you connect your brake bulb to your blinker then it will not blink when you brake.

If you have a tail with a dual filament that you are not using for your fog then you can change it to a dual circuit base like Frank did and bridge the high power side to the blinker.

·
Registered
356 Posts
My car the extra foglight bulb im not using now. Its just hidden inside. Since altezza lights dont have the fog light spot in them.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yes im not using my rear fog light sockets, my car is a my07

i want double rear blinkers and lights like Frank.

Not sure how to connect it.

When i tried i got car to have double rear lights but when i hit the brake it started to blink the rear lights.

Double lights in rear ??

I understand you want double tail lights like Frank

He has written that up with bridged feeds.

I also think you want double rear blinkers ?

So you have an amber indicator and you want the fog section to blink red ?

Does not make sense to me but to get your brake circuit to blink is a North American version which would need reprogramming your TIPM.

If you have a MY07 then it does not have that feature.

If you connect your brake bulb to your blinker then it will not blink when you brake.

If you have a tail with a dual filament that you are not using for your fog then you can change it to a dual circuit base like Frank did and bridge the high power side to the blinker.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts