Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cruisin down the hwy with my brother in the passenger seat one evening going to pick my girl up from her friends house. speed limit was 55, i was doin about 60 when i caught up to him. I got next to him and tried to look in the car but the windows were tinted. So I decided to mess with him a little bit. I would speed up to about 70, slow down and let him catch up. do it again, and again, and finally he caught on. he sped up a little and matched up nexted to my car. and all i saw was his finger twirling pretty much telling me to let fire em.
I gunned it but mind you. im stock people... just got it off the lot 2 months ago. vs a shelby gt... hood scoop and everything. just as he started to pass me we caught traffic. his center lane and the right lane were blocked and my lane was clear. so i gunned it, just then a car got in my lane so i had to slow down. as soon as i had the oppurtunity i shot over and kept going. we got up to about 85 in a 55/45. we got stuck at one of those stupid red lights on the highway and he was about 5 cars back on my right hand side (i was in the center lane now). as soon as the light turned green i gunned it and it didnt take long for him to catch up. i kept asking my brother where he was and before you know it he is on my ass and about to pass me. fortunately for me there was a car in front of him. so i sped up to the car and didnt let him cut me off. he fell in line behind me just as my exit came up and he flashed his brights at me. me and my brother started laughing cuz we just beat this mustang and we look over and see a high way patrol in the lane pull um in the lane next to us at the stop light. that has to be my best kill yet.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Awesome story man. My SRT even has a hard time with the Shelby's and I got mods too. I think he was just messing with you lol.

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Nice story. Welcome to the ForumZ by the way :) don't forget to go in the --> Newbie Checkin! and introduce yourself and tell us something about you and your ride, so we can welcome you in the proper way

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Its not a kill. There was traffic.

Cmon. Let off your pipe dream. No way an SXT would pull on a Shelby GT.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah. It was just hella fun. I mean, I know 1 on 1 he woulda murdered me... He probably had at least triple my horse.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
It is fun though - you're going the speed limit, and the guy with the "hot" car just can't get from behind you no matter what he tries - because traffic won't let him.
Must be a real humbling experience for the "speed demon"

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Fail...

My car is snow, i know its slow, but i never say i beat anyone or anything that i dont. Saying you killed a Shelby mustang is just wrong...
:jok: :jok: :jok:

:Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
Banned
1,262 Posts
Base model Shelby GT -

Horsepower - 500bhp

Torque 475 lb.-ft

Your SXT -

158hp

141 lb-ft of torque

There is no doubt he was clearly messing with you.
Honda civics beat our SXTs....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts