Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have to remove the subwoofer to put in a child seat (passenger side)? The kid seats have a strap that goes around the back of the seat and wants to hook into one the places where the subwoofer connects.

My new SRT4 owner's manual was missing and won't arrive until Monday.

Anyone out there have a kid's seat on the passenger side and the subwoofer? How'd you do it?

BTW, I like the way that the subwoofer makes the overall stereo sound better, just like in a good home system.

:rockon:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, here is the view of the back of the back seats with the subwoofer out. There are three places where a child seat strap can connect to the back of the seats. There is already a kid seat on the left and you can see the strap.

The subwoofer has hooks on the back that go into both connectors on the right.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't have a subwoofer, but I have had to do the child seat thing in the past (thankfully, we've moved up to the booster seat now). I wonder if you can figure out a way to clip both the seat and the sub into the same hook, maybe with a large carabiner or something similar that would allow more than one attachment? Just a thought.

·
Registered
25 Posts
can you take a picture of where the sub cables come from and what colors they are? I didn't get the sub so I have to add one, and as there is supposidly only 1 stereo harnes for this car it should be the same as mine. And where the power lines for the amp too, thx.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The only way to add a second seat is too not have the sub connected to the back of the seats or have only the left hooked up leaving the sub slighty pulled out on the right side. I only know this because I have 2 seats in my car :). Hope this helps !

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Inndaglow, you clearly understand what I'm talking about. I guess leaving the subwoofer half-unhooked works out OK for you, so I'll go with that. But I will try a carabiner too like dildaydvm said.

As far as other pictures of the wiring go, while I had the sub out I took these pictures.

:Hey:

·
Registered
92 Posts
yes, you CAN do it. i have two seats in my caliber with the sub still in. i hooked up the clip on the back of the seat with the straps still loose so i could have the seat pushed forward a bit. i latched the car's seat back onto the sub and then tightened the baby seat straps. haven't had any issues. if you need to remove the sub or get into the subfloor, just loosen the baby seat straps so you can fold the back seat forward a bit again.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hemicanucksfan you are my hero. If you can do it then so can I. I'm glad you understood what I was talking about.

:worshippy:

·
Registered
92 Posts
haha. i guess you have to have kids to get it. i asked the same question a while back somewhere and pretty much nobody understood me then either. good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts